Over-size, Bold "Quotes"?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by rcmodel, Jan 27, 2007.

1. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    They all started showing up today in over-size bold print!

What's up with that?

[​IMG]
    rcmodel

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

I got tired of not being able to read quotes.  They are still smaller than normal posts.  Don't tell me you don't like it better.   ???

3. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    Naw, I was just wondering if my computer blew up again while it was turned off last night? :eek:

[​IMG]
    rcmodel

4. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    At first I just increased the font size.  Against the blue background, it was still a PITA to read.  So then I bolded it.  I'm open to suggestion.

Probably instead of a rifle, you guys should have just gotten me some new glasses.  I got these this past summer (graduated tri focals) but I think either they screwed up my script or my vision has already changed.  I have to take off my glasses to read a book.  Wierd.
    Jason says I need a new monitor wbut this 5 year old HP 19 inch still works fine.  I'm not ready to use it for target practice just yet but probably should get a larger flat screen job.   :-/

5. Troubleshooter2

Troubleshooter2 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    TX,

The bold print looks fine. I've worn glasses since I've been five years old. Only one lens so far. But the last year my eyes seem to go buggy on me every now and then. :eek:

Maybe I'll have to go bifocal in the next few years.

6. jimwiggs

jimwiggs Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Cocoa, FL
    My old eyeballs like the larger bold print :eek:

Jim

7. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    hell, my young eyes like it!

8. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    The quotes are in bold print now!? :eek:

Dang I gotta get my eyes checked! ::)

9. ktwm

ktwm Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2004
    The bold surprised me too.  I thought it was a microsoft update that decided to change some of my settings.

The only problem with the bold is that it increases the size of the text. (I think quoted text is now larger than unquoted). this will take up allot more screen room especially if you have multiple quotes in one post.

maybe you can decrease the size of the bolded quote text to mak it about the same size as standard text.

test
    test
    test

I like the size 2 text for the quote, or maybe a 2.5 could be done.

10. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Here is a comparison of the 2 fonts.  The quoted text is still 2 sizes smaller than regular is.  It is a bit darker though.  Overall, I don't think the slight increase in the size of quotes will add much volume to a page.  And since the quotes are a bit smaller, I thought the bolding made it easier to read, especially since it is always on the blue background.   :-/

11. I love this place! Where else would a discussion of text size be interesting and funny?

Paul

12. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    I was in AZ when this happened using a public computer. I was wondering how to get my home computer to do it when I got back. I like the new quotes.

13. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Me too! As a courtesty to everyone, I had been taking the time to increase to size 2 everything I quoted for a LONG time... Problem was, no one reciprocated and I'm the one who couldn't read them. :-/

14. zappa50

zappa50 New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    NIAGARA FALLS NY
    I like the larger bold print also