Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to but a p3at this weekend, I went to a local gun shop that was recommended by a fellow ktog member, thanks again for all your info, and he wanted $350 for a 2g p3at! Retail on these is $300 for blued on kel-tec's sight right? Or is that the 1G, please advise.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
some1yell said:
Or is that the 1G, please advise.
A SG P-3AT.

Gun prices vary greatly by state/location. In Texas a NIB SG P-3AT would go for about $230 at gunshows. NIB SG hard chrome P-3ATs are very difficult to get and can be as high as $285.

Wilson – who’s happy he lives in Texas :D

G

·
they are selling in gander mt in Terre Haute, Ind. for $269, $249 for the 32 kt. $269 for the pf11, sorry no p9's..

·
Registered
447 Posts
In florida, I paid $325 for a parkerized p3at with green grips. I lucked out because that is exactly what options I wanted on my p3at and it was the only one they had left. At the time it was my first keltec and did not know they could be had for cheaper, but even though I over payed a bit, Im still happy that I got the exact gun I wanted. Heck since then I have only seen a few p3ats in shops around here, and they are all black grip with blue slide, and I have had mine for almost half a year now. If you look around you can find them for well under $300 and if you dont mind waiting, you can find them for dirt cheap online.( like $240 :eek:)

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
My P3AT, blue & black, $247 out the door at the Tulsa gun show a few weeks back. KTs seem to run $10 to $20 higher here than some other places. My S2K (Beretta) w/extra 35 round mag was $343 out the door at the same show. Only saw two of them and I bought the second one.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Troubleshooter said:
I saw a 1G Hard chrome for $239 that was in the process of being sold.
I was fortunate to pick up a pre-owned (less than3 months old) SG hard chrome P-3AT earlier this year for about $180 but no good SG hard chrome deals since. I personally prefer FG HC over the heavier SG P-3AT.

Wilson – who’s still looking to buy $100 HC P-3ATs, as his wife likes bright colors

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
:eek: 700.00 highhhh1
P3AT $255.00 - $259.00 around these parts.
I'm sure a custom paint job like Wilson's either costs a whole lot more or less, according to preferences.
Gives new meaning to BLUED! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Small gun shop near me is selling a second generation blued P3AT for $329.00.

He told me that he can charge that much because "they are the hottest gun on the market these days."

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
raybsc said:
I'm sure a custom paint job like Wilson's either costs a whole lot more or less, according to preferences. Gives new meaning to BLUED! ;D ;D ;D
I paid $100 for Hobo (below) that needed only two springs replaced to become 100%. The trigger spring and hammer spring assembly were free. But I did spend another $35 to have the slide and magazine Gun Koted in a “brushed stainless” color, as there was some holster wear. Even at $135, I think it was a heck of a deal :)

Wilson – who’s wife names all painted pistols

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
FastEddie said:
Wilson, thats not just a deal, thats a steal!!! :eek:
I picked up pre-owned plain Jane P-3AT from Oregon a couple of months back. It was $100 also and the seller was kind enough to pay the shipping and insurance to Texas from the $100 sale price. Just so you won’t think I’m cheap, let me point out I did pay the $10 FFL fee on my end :)

I had to replace the old style extractor, a bent assembly pin and over stretched hammer spring with some parts I already had in my Parts Box. The seller had obviously had some problems but kept making them worse before finally giving up. This P-3AT was a little over two years old but looking at the hammer interface, there hadn’t been a hundred rounds fire through it. Some folks really hate to read the owner’s manual that describes the warranty.

Wilson – who’s trying to keep this black one hidden from his wife ::)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with the poster that said prices vary widely depending upon location. Were we live in PA the new KelTecs (P-32's and P3AT's) are selling new in the $230 to $270 range depending upon where you shop.

When I picked my P3AT up (several years ago) I believe I paid $225 for it. It was the very first P3AT I had seen (1st generation) shortly after they were introduced. Within a couple months I saw another at a different shop selling for about $20 less. I didn't mind that I had paid more for mine at the time because I was anxious to have it.

Some time after that I managed to find a very nice used P-32 for the wife that was selling for $110 Since then we sent both back to KelTec for the Hard Chrome slide and barrel upgrade which was selling for $20 apiece at that time. I also asked KelTec to go through both guns and insure they were 100% because I had experienced a "trigger reset problem" with my P3AT once in 400 rounds. I told KelTec up front that the P-32 was "used" when I purchased it and I would gladly pay for any work done on it.

Well, we got both guns back shortly after and KelTec had upgraded the extractor on my P3AT as well as replaced all the springs in the wife's P-32. They also sent an extra magazine for the P-32 and they did NOT charge us for any of the work except the two upgrades. That's right!!! Only $40 for everything they had done. The wife and I were not only pleased, but we were stunned. We obviously hadn't expected the extra work for no charge and I called and thanked KelTec.

As a matter of fact I had asked to have a "blue" frame installed on the wife's P-32. But because we had ordered it via the telephone call when I was confirming shipping arrangements (the request for the frame was NOT on my original hand written letter included with the returned pistols) the order had not reached the service department until the same afternoon the pistol's were shipped for return to us.

After how well KelTec's customer service had treated us originally I told them that it was okay that the frame had not been changed out. In fact, they put me on the line with the girl that had done our service work for us. She apologized (even after I told her it was okay and the fact I had ordered it separately from the original order had caused the mix-up) and we talked about the other available frame colors as well. I again thanked her for all the wonderful work she had done, and once again thanked them because they hadn't charged me for it.

Imagine the shock of both the wife and myself when another package arrived from KelTec about a week later. We opened the bubble wrap envelope and found not one blue frame....... but two blue frames. One in each shade of blue that KelTec then offered. Additionally, were chunks (about 3/4" x 3/4") of all the other frame colors that KelTec also offered. Included was a short letter from the girl I spoke with once again thanking me for my business and apologizing for the mix up. There was NO CHARGE for either of the frames. They were FREE along with an offer to install either (or both) on our guns for FREE if I decided to pay the shipping again back to KelTec. (We installed it ourselves.) Needless to say we couldn't have been more happy with KelTec's customer service!

Sorry for making this so long but wanted to share our experience with a great customer service, as well as comment on the original post on pricing.  :)

G

·
akabound, I am sure u are talking about the grip and not the frame. The frame has the serial numbers stamped on it. Just wanted u to use the right terminology, grip, frame, barrel, magazine etc..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.