Outside my window...

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Bear76, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Bear76

Bear76 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Kansas
    I know a lot of you have cool pictures of wildlife near your house...

Only Rule of this thread ;-) [highlight]Pictures MUST be taken from a window of your house[/highlight] :-D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mkamer

mkamer New Member

May 19, 2005
    Great pictures bear.  But isn't it a little like cheating when you get to take wildlife pictures from where you live?  ;)  I mean you can practically hunt from your windows not just take pictures.

3. I usually take pics from the OUTSIDE of my neighbors windows, seems they all have the wildlife. Can I post those pictures here? :-/

4. Bear76

Bear76 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Kansas
    Sure :)

5. Bear76

Bear76 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Kansas
    I got my first deer & first 2 turkeys from just outside my yard. I got all 3 without ever wearing a piece of camo. Actually the turkeys, I was wearing blue sweatpants, flip flops, & an orange t-shirt lol

6. Sure :)[/quote]

LOL- Nicole,  I think you are too young and innocent to understand the question, so let me give you a hint-

[​IMG]

7. Bear76

Bear76 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Kansas
    oh. I get it now ::) I'm innocent, what can I say? Even 3 years with Spence hasn't totally corrupted my sweet little brain ;D

8. JR37

JR37 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    It took me about 20 years to corrupt my wife's sweet little brain. During that time she laughed at my jokes 3 times. Once when I told it to her, once when I explained it, and the next day when she finally understood it.

Honestly, it did take about 20 years befoe she got all of the BS I put out. Be 53 years next month.

Life is short, be happy

9. JR37- You are telling my story!

I love my sweet bride, but she simply does not have a sick sense of humor, and that is a good thing!

10. Bear76

Bear76 New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Kansas
    I'm sure that being married to Spence maybe in about 20 years I'll get it ;-)

Here is a picture I took about 15 minutes ago. The deer were eating apples off the trees, but the horses chased them off.

[​IMG]

11. JR37

JR37 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Seven years ago I sold my house at the edge of town to the church next door. That house backed up to 80 acres of second growth timber, vines, etc. It was 1/2 mile from my house to the next house behind me. I would set at the breakfast table and watch deer eat our apples. Until the cyotes came along we also had quail. I would see thirty to forty at a time under the apple trees. The possoms ate our cat food, and the coons kept the garbage cans turned over. It was like living in a zoo.
    We also had a wealth of birds of all kinds. The honysuckle vines on the back fence assured us of humming birds.
    I miss this part of living there, but I do not miss the increassed traffic on the highway in front of the house. There is now a Sonic just across the highway. I got to hear every siren that left town.
    We we are now all we have are rabbits and tree rats. We have a mocking bird, some robins, a pair of doves, and mice with wings (sparrows).

Enjoy your wildlife. That is one of the reasons God put them here on this planet.

Life is Short, Be happy

12. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Wife woke me from my afternoon nap to say we had a black bear in the yard. Not photo proof, but she is generally trustworthy. :) I've been here for going on 25 years and swore I saw one a few years back, but this is the first good siting we've had. This one just mosied thru.