out of time....

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by yzguy, Feb 27, 2005.

1. yzguy

yzguy New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    I just sent this email to Ray (owner of KTOG)

Well my amount of time I can spend on the board has gotten to small and the posts to many. I don't have the free time to read every post anymore. We might need new/additional moderator(s) to be added. I still plan on visiting, but it will certainly not be daily.

Mark
    (yzguy)

We have recently gone through some changes where I work (which BTW is a very anti gun place in policy due to heavy legal requirements and the need to be conservative due to the business type). I also have recently moved, and have many things to take care of at the new place when I am not at work (I have years of projects...).

I just don't have the time to read every thread anymore. I will still probably be around, just no where near as often. I will still keep my site up, and likely add to it when I get to some of my firearms projects (still have some KT tests in mind, and still will have things to do to my sub when I get one).

Not sure if Ray will want to come up with another mod (I'd actually think there should be more than one) as I won't be around enough to properly fill this position....

Thanks,
    Mark

2. randomguy

randomguy New Member

Jan 29, 2005
    yzguy, while I have only been around for a while, I have read back through most of the old posts, and I think that you have done an admirable job.  I don't think that you've been too lenient and I appreciate the way that you largely let the board run itself.
    We all understand that you need to take more time to deal with real world obligations, and I for one thank you for the countless hours that you've put in both here and on your website to help new and old Kel-Tec owners make their firearms just right.  I look forward to hearing from you on the board whenever you get a chance.
    Regards and Best Wishes.

BTW, I'm sure that any number of the members here would be more than happy to take up the slack of moderating.  Good luck finding folks to fill your shoes.

3. I'm a very "recent" addition to KTOG... and to quote RANDOMGUY: THANK YOU... for the countless hours that you've put in (both here and on your website) ! THIS IS A REALLY GREAT WEBSITE... and it's perfectly clear that YOU have made it what it is (YZGUY) ! -Brian-

4. horseman

horseman Active Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Thanks for all you have done. You have done great job.

5. yzguy

yzguy New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    thanks... ;D

6. sdan

sdan New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Yes, thank you VERY much for your excellent site and your presence here! You have been exceedingly helpful in educating me, and no doubt countless others, on how to use and care for Kel-Tec pistols.

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Mark: As others have said, I really appreciate the time and effort you have given and the countless people you have helped to troubleshoot, understand and improve our beloved Kel-tecs. If there is any justice, your patience and expertise will be rewarded many times over. You have acquired a great deal of good karma credit. Keep up your sight, as it contains a wealth of information and I have referred many people there, not to mention, haven't finished reading all that is there myself. Ray will be hard-pressed to find a replacement or replacements for you. Good luck, and see you here when you can find the time... dale... AKA Texas Cajun

8. alamo

alamo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2004
    We do need more than one moderator. Too much for one person. Maybe yzguy could just to P-32/P-3AT if that is manageable. Have about 2 - 3 others for the other forums.

9. YZGuy, I think that you have done an awsome job with this site, but you cannot control people when they need attention. On that note I think TXCajun, alamo, and Wilson should be up for votes!

10. Mod_Man

Mod_Man New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I hope you stay as part time Moderator Buddy. Your about the only reason this old dog still hunts on KTOG. :-/

11. yzguy

yzguy New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    yeah, I would not mind being left on a moderator, but probably most in name only, as I won't be able to read every post, or catch things quickly... But it would not bother me to be removed either, as I doubt I'd due much...

yeah I'll keep the site up, and may add to it here and there.

oh and when my new Garage and lift get set up, I'll likely have some car stuff start going up!! (the origonal purpose of the site, thus the 1bad69 part :) ) That will be taking up a lot of my time.

12. adversary13

adversary13 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Mark,

I think we all need to take time out and thank you for everything that you do for KTOG. I know you have been a great help to me and plenty of others! Thanks for everything man!

I hope you'll consider staying on at least as a part time moderator or something similar.

I think having multiple moderators is a great idea too. Maybe Ray can give different areas to different people to moderate?

-Brock

13. ScottD

ScottD Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Can I moderate based on experiences with KT pistols and KT visits?  :)

I promise to be honest.   :-*

My other makes of .380 pistols are sooo boring.  Because they work...

My P11 is just fine...felt I needed to add that.

14. Rick_Blaine

Rick_Blaine New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mark,
    You did a great job. Thanks for keeping the torch lit.
    Rick

15. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Your oversight and comments were a large factor in my becoming a part of this board, I enjoyed the give and take in a professional atmosphere and the "adult supervision" often lacking at other boards and sites.
    Yzguy, you have done a fantastic job and I don't see how any one or even two moderators can fill your shoes. The entire site will feel your loss........................Hope you don't stay gone too long !....................Dan R