Orlando Gun Show (and question)

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by BuccaneersFan, Oct 5, 2009.

1. BuccaneersFan

BuccaneersFan New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Went to a really big gun show in Orlando, FL on Saturday and I didn't see a single SU-22! After the show I went to a HUGE gun shop in the area, they seriously had like 600 pistols displayed and 300 - 400 rifles displayed, and they had the SU-22 for $565!!!  :eek: I couldn't believe it!!  

Anyway it was the first time I got to see the SU-22 in person and I wasn't too impressed.  Would have been much nicer if you could fold the stock by just pressing a button instead of removing a pin.  Can someone tell me if the magazine is supposed to fit completely into the butt of the stock or not?

2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Re: Orlando Gun Show

My SU-22 cost $308.62 + 6% KY sales tax, back on August 15, 2008, when they were allocated and brand new.

Mine does that. I used the Charlie stock I had left over from my SU-16C after I converted it to a pistol grip AR configuration, so my conversion cost was essentially free and required about three minutes.

[​IMG]

The SU-22CA stock has spaces to store two of the ten round .223 Kel-Tec magazines for the SU-16. The Black Dog Machining .22 LR magazines do not store in the SU-22CA stock.

After too long away from the range, I took my little SU-22C out shooting yesterday. A friend was teaching a mini Appleseed Shoot and asked me to help. I shot his $700+ tweaked out bull barrel Ruger 10/22 and had a five shot 3.2 MOA group at 25 meters with open sights. I can do just about as well with my little SU-22C with the 4X TruGlo scope, despite the fact that the SU-22C trigger is so stiff compared to the tweaked Ruger with the sweet after market trigger that I thought the safety was engaged when I switched back to my SU-22C! My favorite SU-22C shooting is stand up with a support for the rifle, fast action plinking of reactive targets. Crosshair - squeeze - NEXT! :) Compared to his 10/22, my SU-22C is half the cost and twice the fun. It's also a lot less weight (even with the scope) and it folds in half, which I think is very cool.

3. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Mine was $340 plus $20 transfer fee.

4. skkcarr

skkcarr New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    i like the charlie on that alot. looks pretty good.