Ordering Accessories from KEL-TEC

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by westernamerican, Aug 25, 2008.

1. westernamerican

westernamerican New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Anyone ever order accessories from Kel-Tec direct?  I have had the worst service from them you could ever have.  They will not answer email inquiries about my order and it seems to be in limbo.  The status just CONTINUES to show "processing" as it has for days and days now!  Not Good IMHO!

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Kel-Tec is great at everything, except their website and emails. If you want to be happy you can take a chance and email or you can be guaranteed at call them. Every now and then someone gets the email thing to work with them, but everyone always gets to speak with someone if you call 1-800-515-9983.

-Scott

3. westernamerican

westernamerican New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Well, I will try the 800 number, but my thought is if they are going to have an email on their website to send emails to, then by gosh, they should have someone to respond to them in a timely manner! Agree? :)

4. AZflyguy

AZflyguy New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Yes, twice, but it was a long time ago. No problems. It may just be unfortunate timing...I think they were shutdown by hurricane Fay for a while, and may just need to catch up on orders. I'd give 'em a call, too; much better than email.
    Regards,
    Mike

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I do, but whether we agree on it or not their email responses are not reliable. Since they are a gun company and not my IT company it doesn't bother me that much, however. Luckily for all of us their ability to make weapons is far superior to their email/web capabilities.

-Scott

6. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    When I ordered I just called them and placed the order over the phone. As others have said their email system is not the best but the phone ordering works great..Going to be ordering another magazine for my new P3 and I'm going to do it over the phone...

John

7. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    I have ordered from them a number of times for accessories. I call and place the order. I have never had a problem and have always had fast service. When I call, I always get to talk to a real live person. I had to send a cracked slide back, called to see if they had received it, they told me they had and that it was a 2-3 week turn around time. I also called them about a loose back sight. They told me they would send me a new one and told me how to install it. Two days later it arrived at my house.

So calling has always worked for me. I don't know that I have ever emailed them. I love to hear a person's voice when I call.

Sorry about your problems. I hope it all works out. But again, I would suggest calling.

Bo Bryant

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    KT doesn't sell the Bersa extension buy they do sell the Scherer version which is nearly identical. Of course they sell the +1.

9. vwspdshp

vwspdshp New Member

Jul 19, 2008
    I placed an online order last Sunday, and recieved it the following Tuesday. I was very impressed!

10. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

Guys KT has had some issues the last week due to a Hurricane, they did not start shipping again untill today, it on the web site. I am in cocoa right now dealing with Cell phone towers and rolling blackout problems. Cut them a little slack

11. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yes, I saw on the Weather Channel that Cocoa Beach had an amazing 33 inches of rain. First it was fires, then flooding. Geez, what's next... an earthquake... a tsunami? :eek:

12. AZflyguy

AZflyguy New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Fay has passed, but Gustav may be on the way. If you absolutely must have OEM accessories right away, I suggest you look for dealers outside the Gulf Coast region. I'm confident Kel-Tec is taking advantage of the weather break to cut its shipping backlog, but the next storm may delay YOUR order.  I found their online ordering system to be very reliable when I used it.
    Regards,
    Mike

13. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Locusts?

A plague of companies stealing their designs and trying to pass them off as original?

Oh, we've had that, too. Never-mind.

::)

14. Rich62643

Rich62643 New Member

Sep 5, 2006

Likewise, I was very impressed with their online ordering. I usually get my order in a couple days. Of course living in Fl helps. I have never sent anything in for repairs though, so I can't comment about that.

15. Zectron2348

Zectron2348 New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Great guns, but...................

They don't deserve any slack on their lack of email follow-up.

I have sent them three emails over the last four and a half weeks, ...... NOTHING! Sorry, that hurricane has not been around that long.

Was told on the phone, "well we are real busy but we try and get to them as soon as we can." Baloney!

Never seen a gun company post email contact options on their web and then just totally ignore it. Poor customer service no two ways about it. Don't want to bother with it, ..... take the contact option off your site.

16. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    They don't jus totally ignore it, they do get around to it sometimes, but your right it is lacking. And, by the way, I find myself having to do exactly what you are saying - take it off my website because I can't get to generic emails sent in by non-clients through all the work of paying clients. When I put my website up it just seemed natural to have an email contact there - experience has taught be I need to remove it. Maybe KT does to.

-Scott

17. JB-Norcal

JB-Norcal New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    Everybody needs a little slack now and then. If you want to ask a question, call. If you want hit and miss, email. Just like my 82 year old Dad. Some people don't do all things well. JMO

18. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

KT is on Cox road in Cocoa, our shop is on pine cone place, we were very lucky because we are on high ground, our parking lot flooded and our back lot flooded. KT is like 2 blocks from us, all of the shops around our had from 3 to 8 inches of standing water at the front door and in the shops. I dont know id KT had any issues but I do know that our phones and network are still very iffy at best.

19. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Hmmm, I'd say, if 3 emails haven't been answered, maybe it's time to.... I don't know... Maybe pick up a phone?

::)

20. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    +1 ,call , they have always taken care of me on the phone but have missed/lost/spam filtered/  :-/ several e-mails of mine.