Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be here friday, now i've got to tell the wife i'm gonna need some more powder and primmers!!!

Got the first 500 cases sorted and tumbled, resizing them now. Gonna put them back in the tumbler after to get them really shinny and purdy.

Anybody got a good load for plated 115gr 9mm using the little dandy powder measure?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Here is a range practice round that so far functions 100% reliable in my PF9. Back off 10% when starting, be safe, etc., etc.

Cases: Mixed range brass primarily FC, WIN and Blazer.

Primer: Federal 100. Picked those on purpose as they are reputed to be softer. Must be something to that as Lee doesn't recommend their use in its hand priming tool.

Powder: 4.7 gr Unique. Lowest load in my old Hornady book.

Bullet: 115 gr Berry's plated FMJ

OAL: 1.151" based on the PMCs that function 100% in my PF9.

Chrono'd at: 997 fps

happy shooting, dv

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I paid 74 $ to the door for 1000..They fit 380's and 9mm's. they are .355... Total metal jackets ... I Buy from this co. always. They are in Illinois. Bought 40 cal bullets too! They have brass too. 800-858-8067

·
Registered
441 Posts
I usually buy bullets 3,000 at a time due to the fact that the wife shoots too, and we shoot once a week.

Cases: Whatever I find on the floor at the local range

Primer: I've used Wolf, CCI and Winchester and it doesn't seem to make any difference at all. Currently I'm going through a sleeve of Winchester.

Powder: 5.1 gr Unique. This was selected to make the wife's G26 eject at 5 o'clock instead of hitting her in the forehead like 4.9 grains did.

Bullet: 115 gr Front plated RN ($75.00/K OTD from a local FFL)

OAL: 1.090"

I haven't chronoed it but it seems like a pretty mild load compared to factory. Definitely accurate, too.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Here is some load data from my personal collection. I make one of these sheets for every caliber I reload, the common bullet types I load for that caliber, and the powders I routinely keep on hand. I have taken load data from the powder manufacturer, the Lee reloading manual, the Lyman reloading manual, and the Hornady reloading manual and consolidated it into one place.

It is rare to find load data for the plated bullets, so what you will see below is my extrapolation of other data into plated bullet data. If that "other" data was for lead bullets, I just copy it over into plated bullet data. If the "other" data was for FMJ, then I extrapolated that to plated bullet data using this algorithm: "plated bullets should use low to midrange FMJ bullet data", which is what is recommended on Berry's Manufacturing website.

In the chart below, if a bullet type starts with "P", that means "plated". e.g., "PRN" means "plated round nose". And each row represents one specific bullet. So if there are three columns for a row, that means I have loading data from three different sources for that bullet.

Note: I have not tested each of these loads. This data is simply a consolidation of load data available from different sources. I believe it is accurate (I have double and triple checked it), but there could be errors as I copied data into the spreadsheet. Also, my extrapolations may not be the extrapolations you would choose to use.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good chart!!! Just tested the no.10 bushing-rotor for my litttle dandy with unique, the chart says it dropps 5.2, got 5grs on the scales.

Got a hole pound, says hurclues on the lable. Still looks new, my brother gave it to me.

Think i will use it and the left over bullets from my last thousand to reaload a few plinking rounds for my 638, all my reloads for it were loaded for my m66, hate to shoot many hot loads throuh the little j frame. And i want to see what the 9mm bullets will do in the 38.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts