Opinion on carring with Arma Laser

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by aghost34953, Oct 20, 2007.

1. aghost34953

aghost34953 New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Today I purchased my first Kel-Tec HC P3AT. I have recently decided to change my carry tatics by going the the P3AT. I have noticed on group sight the the sighting of this wepon may take a little bit to get used to. I really like the look of the Arma Laser on the gun and I also think this will help in quick target acquisition with such a small gun. Anyone out there using one on a regular carry basis.

Also did a fluff and buff with my dremmel tool and flitz polising compound. Night and day difference between when operating the slide from NIB to after the fluff and buff. Can't wait to take it to the range and brake it in. ;D

2. PackinPastor

PackinPastor Guest

Yep!  Haven't carried my 9mm since I put the Armalaser on.

[​IMG]

3. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Carry a P3-AT with Arma Laser...using only the standard Kel-Tec belt clip...no problems!

4. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    I've had the ArmaLaser/P-3AT combo for about 3 years now. Daily carry as primary (my occassional backup is a P-40 - also with ArmaLaser).

The ArmaLaser and P-3AT are made for each other in my opinion. Well worth it!

5. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    I've been carrying my P-3AT/ArmaLaser combo 24/7/365 since ArmaLaser first came out. They make a perfect couple!

Here's why:
    1. I'm on target faster.
    2. I'm more accurate.
    3. It's better and faster than iron sights in low light and especially in the dark.
    4. I can shoot from almost any body position with either hand or both hands very accurately.
    5. It's as fast as point shooting, but much more accurate.
    6. My head doesn't have to be in line or level with the gun.
    7. The laser requires only viewing the target and not the gun.
    8. My arm, hand, and gun don’t have to be in a position that blocks vision around the target area.
    9. I can see peripherally much better.
    10. Wearing multi-focal eyeglasses requires acquiring the correct focal portion of the glasses as well as acquiring sight alignment and sight picture (I wear trifocals). Not necessary with the laser.
    Also, with some multi-focal eyeglass wearers if the sights are in focus the target isn't or visa-versa.
    11. The laser helps with trigger pull and natural pointing during dry fire and hot fire practice.
    12. The gun prints less like a gun in pocket carry.
    13. The iron sights are still there if you want them.

This is my review on the ArmaLaser:
    http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4522

6. aghost34953

aghost34953 New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Thanks for the information. I took the P3AT to the range today and was more than happy with the performance. I had one jam which looked more like an ejector issue. No problem though I put 100 rounds throught it and less jamming issues then I did with my Kimber Ultra CDPII when it was first new. The gun itself was a pleasure to fire. Very accruate at 15 feet with little recoil. The sights are pretty much useless. I do know this is not a target gun but this thing shot great. Salute to Kel-Tec for great gun. I will be ording the arma laser this week or pick it up at the local gun shop. I can clearly see the advantage of the laser with this gun.

Again thanks for the great information.

7. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Arma-Laser:

I've used lasers on long guns for several years, however, when I inastalled the Arma-Laser on my Kel-Tec 380 I could not believe how much my hand was shaking! I've been shooting a hand gun since I was 11 years old...that is 49 years. First handgun at age 11 was a Ruger Revolver in .22 Mag.

In my opinion, a laser on a handgun, will teach (show) you how to shoot more accurately, i.e. grip, trigger pull, etc.

My Kel-Tec 380 wears an Arma-Laser. It is a great product and the only laser I would install on my Kel-Tec.

Boggs

8. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Bobo covered all.

I wear glasses...single lens. The only way I can see the sights is to take my glasses off...and the only way I can see the target is to put my glasses on. The laser solves this problem. You...regardless of your eyesight...can see the red dot. If the SHTF, with a laser...glasses or not...you will hit the red dot!

Boggs

9. aghost34953

aghost34953 New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Got purchased and installed the arma-laser today. WOW the laser sure amplified exactally how much your hand moves when trying to squeeze out a round. It is a great training aid for aiming and trigger controll. I wish arma laser made one for my M&P 40. I will be picking up a pocket holster this weekend and might also pick up another Kel-Tec.

10. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    I'm to happy say...

TOLD YA SO!!! ;D

Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

Bobo

11. aghost34953

aghost34953 New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    I'm so happy with the performance, price and size of the P3AT that I'm going to get another one this weekend. Also going to sell my Nickel Colt and AK 47 at the gun show this weekend and try the PF9. If I'm happy with the PF9 I'll sell my M&P 40 and use the PF9 as my primary carry piece. Looks like I've gotten the Kel-Tec bug. ;D

Nickel Mark VI Series 80 Colt 1911
    [​IMG]
    Government model

12. Jim_Young

Jim_Young New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    I carry in my back pocket with a K&D 2+1 and I spend a lot of time sitting on my arse. I've wanted a laser but figured the way I carry would put it out of adjustment all the time. Maybe I'm wrong? How sturdy is the mounting and will it stand up to a back pocket carry?

Jim