Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I understand that we can purchase all sorts of Doo Dads for mounting Red Dots etc. My question is what options are there for keeping open sights? Self folding or sights that open llike the stock ones that come up upon unfolding the weapon.

So looking for open sight options, peep or otherwise. I have seen some pics of different open sights but no information as to who manufactures them or where to obtain them.

Any help would be appreciated. Why is the Sub 2000 so addictive to mods? :gaah:

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have all the M*CARBO goodies except the sling mount (not planning on slinging the weapon. i love them and the all make a noticeable improvement in the performance of the weapon.
furthermore, i opted for the taller aluminum folding peep rear sight for my .40s&w Sub2000. for my 9mm Sub, i will (have not purchased yet) get the notch rear sight.
a good option for the front sight is from RedLion Precision. they make a tactical folding AR-style front sight fully adjustable for windage and elevation and the weapon will still fold and lock when it is installed (whether or not the front sight is folded down or not).

Reactions: dred

·
Registered
131 Posts
Chris's videos are also gold when it comes to DIY for your Sub2000 upgrades

Reactions: dred

·
Registered
25 Posts
...I use three 45 degree pic adapters..... to put a 2-7 glass off the left and use the 3rd 45 deg. to put the red dot on, dangling to the right. Aperture sight perfectly usable unobstructedright down the middle...rotate left and right off the vertical to easliy use which one you wanna...the gun ALMOST closes. To buffer the contact point now, I put a tiny strip of weatherstrip. I don't like fumbling with the latch anyways. The only other thing I bought was the tube rubber and a tritium front post. I hate the trigger too. The one on my crosman pellet pistol is better. No way in hell am I blowing money for the aftermarket one then ship it to Canada.. Keltec should re-design it. I'll buy a new one from them. ...I guess you could file down the top surface of the 45 mounts, if you rilly rilly need the gun to close that last 1/2 inch to lock....over and out. That is all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts