Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the open carry rules/laws in NV?
Where & where not to/allowed open carry?
Can anyone help me on this subject?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Nevada is an open carry state, with open carry legal in most areas except Clark County, which has special rules. Although open carry is mostly legal, law enforcement reaction can vary greatly from location to location. I would check with LEO offices in those areas you intend to visit/travel to.. Rural areas are likely to be ok, but urban areas often get adverse attention from officials in my experience in many open carry states. As always, you cannot carry a weapon within 1000 feet of a school (federal law) unless state law makes some exceptions for CCLs and even then not on school grounds. Nevada, like other states likely has a long list of prohibited areas as well. Go to the Nevada state web site and check their carry laws for specifics on all of this before you carry a firearm their as you really the latest and authoritative info direct from Nevada.

Jim R

·
Registered
47 Posts
A lot of people have strong opinions about open carry. Some are "in your face" you better use it or lose it while others think its completely useless since concealed carry is legal in most states (with licenses). Me personally, I'm sort in between but that's not what your post was asking. :p My unsolicited .02 is that while it may be legal, decide if it is WISE.

Sounds like PF9Newbie is familiar with NV laws. I would definitely agree with his recommendation to go read the NV laws from the source.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
good advice all ways check a states web site for the laws do not go by internet advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts