Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so I got what I think was a great deal on a Gen 2 Sub 2000, 40 cal Glock 23 model last week on gunbroker.com. $410 all in delivered. Its a perfect gun for me since I carry a Glock 23 and already have plenty of mags and ammo. I've had it to the range once and put 50 rounds thru it with no problems. I already had this Ncstar quick release picitanny rail and a cheap red dot scope so I put them on and noticed that the picitanny rail on top of the stock fore end seems to be canted a little to the left. Is that something anyone else has come across? Is there any room for adjustment in the fore end? Can I just loosen up the screws and rotate it a little? Just thought I'd ask before I go ahead and try. I also installed a Magpul angled fore grip and really like it. So...looks like I'm just getting started. I'm sure there are going to be more mods down the road. I can see an mcarbo trigger kit and charging handle in the near future. Thanks in advance for any input. One more thing. Should I just use "regular" ammo or can the kel tec handle some high power stuff?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I contacted Kel-Tec about hot ammo (NATO subgun ammo) and while they weren't giving it a clean bill of health they didn't say not to do it either. My take away from the exchange was what 850sub wrote. It's OK, but not a steady diet. That's just common sense anyway. The higher the pressures and such the faster things wear.

I have some hot loaded 160s (20 or so) that are IMO too hot for the M&P, but are *****cats when fired in the sub2k. I'll eventually disassemble them by firing them. I normally carry my s2k during walks in the forest and they'll be used to get rid of vermin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.