Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother-in-law dropped this off with me a few years ago. It was his dad's. Extremely bad condition. 12 gauge bolt action marked JC Higgins and Sears Roebuck. There is another word before "12 gauge full", but I can't read it.

Really don't know what to do with it. No one to pass it on to either on his side or mine.

happy shooting, dv

Attachments

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
I almost bought a bolt action 20 gauge last year , JC Higgins , for 100.00.

wish I had.

Clean it up, reblue, refinish the wood.

Love it.

Jim

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
when i was a kid my dad had one, i used to shoot trap with it till i got my own Ithaca 20ga.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I've owned two of those, and I still own one. GREAT shotguns, actually. My current one was a "basket case" that I scored for all of $69 plus tax, and I have just under $100 total wrapped up in the whole thing. "Zed" makes for a pretty nice budget household howitzer and zombie blaster...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaExA8vilhc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS_ZlHauuSo[/ame]

I recorded an overview/review of the Sears Model 10 / JC Higgins bolt shotgun awhile back, but the sound/video quality were pretty horrible and it was like my second video ever, so I probably should go back and re-do it sometime...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
My brother-in-law dropped this off with me a few years ago. It was his dad's. Extremely bad condition. 12 gauge bolt action marked JC Higgins and Sears Roebuck. There is another word before "12 gauge full", but I can't read it.

Really don't know what to do with it. No one to pass it on to either on his side or mine.

happy shooting, dv
If you can find the model number on it, the Blue Book will give who the manufacturer was, like Savage.

G2S

·
Registered
59 Posts
My wife's dad gave me his old JC Higgins..I gave it to my youngest son.That'll keep it out of the pawn shop.He idolizes his papaw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts