Old P3AT owner, New member questions

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by stainless123, Feb 5, 2010.

1. stainless123

stainless123 New Member

Feb 5, 2010
    I have had a P3AT for quite some time now, and I put a Hogue grip sleeve on it a while back but it moves a little so I'm thinking about changing to Traction Grips soon. Has anyone used the newer mineral grit type instead of the rubber ones, how do they look and feel? Also I was thinking about sending the slide and it's internals to Robar for their NP-3 finish, but it's hard for me to spend $145 on a gun that I paid $200 for, I want something in a dark matte type finish so I'm not really that interested in having it hard chromed, any other suggestions?
    Thanks for the input

2. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Try a little two sided tape under the grip and that should help. Thats what I had to do. Some people even use a little super glue. I haven't tried any other grip than the Hogue, so I'm not really any help there. I dont know of any dark matte finishes like you're looking for, the only thing i know of is the nickle plating that alot of people here on the board use. I will definatly keep up with this thread though because I'm curious to see what decision you come to and the results.

3. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    I use "athletic wrap" under my grip. I don't know what else to call it at the moment but it's that sticky cloth tape you can buy at Academy to tape the bars on things like weights. It's fairly thin so you can pick how thick to make it just by counting the wraps.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Yea, that's a bit steep.  GoldenLoki, a member here, will duracoat your slide any of a zillion colors for $30.  Perhaps Duracoat is not as durable as that NP-3 finish but for the money, most folks are happy with it.
    http://www.goldenloki.com/