Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We found an old riveted aluminum 1959 Crestliner 17'boat, with a 1961 Evinrude 75 HP outboard and a decent looking trailer. Took a chance and bought it ( cheap).
It got a little TLC, and then we took her to the lake yesterday. It was cold,windy and the water was choppy. Spent about an hour out, and all went surprising well. Can't wait for fishin' season to start!
Anybody else using an old "classic" boat/motor setup?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I had a old 14' 58 sea king with a 35h 59 johnson motor that i used for years trot lining.
If i held my breath long enough with a light driver in the boat it would get me up on skies. Pulled alot of kids on a tube.

I've got an old 14' row boat now with a 1974 9.9 evinrude and a big trolling motor. Have caught a lot of fish out of it. Have wanted to build a platform up front and get a foot controlled trolling motor for the last few years but i keep buying pistols instead.

At one time i had a problem of putting a GONE FOR PARTS sighn up and taking off with the boat

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Old sailers never die, they just get a littel dingy. My dad bought this one in '73. Many a happy times in it. Water skiing on Skaneattles lake is not for the faint hearted. That is some cold water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts