okay so i think the extractor broke (?)

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by spence13e, Oct 27, 2007.

1. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    and ordered a P3 yesterday after realizing that my P11 is just too big to carry everywhere. should be in by the middle of next week and the funny part is that i didn't even CONSIDER another gun. those who remember when i first showed up on this board i was not really impressed with the BUG gun idea. funny how things change like that.

2. cclem700

cclem700 New Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Re: so i finally broke down...

Congrats spence! (It's about damnn time!) What finish are you getting? :cool:

3. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas

parked, grey grip. i couldn't be picky because the distributer didn't have much and they had the best price i've seen in a LONG time.

hey, i didn't get my license til recently and i'm rather poor these days. if i din't want something to carry ALL the time i'd have bypassed it for a while longer

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

you will be so glad you did for either of two reasons
    1) it will be a very easy to carry piece with you all the time or/and
    2) you'll have somethingfun to tinkerwith for a few days to perfect ;)

5. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

Cool beans , ya need to come back and post up some pics when it comes in.

6. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006

Welcome to another section of KTOG Spence!

Soon, it will be the PF-9, then the PLR, then....

:)

Post pics and a range report when you can!

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Good choice. Should be a stealthy, attractive little bugger. :cool:

8. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005

I have the same color scheme, nice choice. The P3AT is just too comfy to carry, regardless of what you are wearing.

9. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas

how funny, i only had the choice of color schemes between what i got and HC. i'm too cheap to spend the extra... i'll make the trip over tomorrow and see if it's in if i don't have to work...

10. zappa50

zappa50 New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    NIAGARA FALLS NY

:) I broke down too spence and when RJ and family came to visit this saturday and sunday we went to a gun show sunday,and i bought my p3at.

Hard chrome with an extra mag,and carrying case for $280.00 tax included.
    This is now my new carry piece. ;D

11. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas

i got so ripped off. got less for more, but then again, it's the cheapest i've seen them in FOREVER.

12. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    Re: so i finally broke down... RANGE REPORT

so here's the little bugger, picked it up today. nice looking gun, if i say so myself.
    [​IMG]

and with the P11 big brother.
    [​IMG]

i picked up a hundred rounds each of magtec 95 gr FMJ, WWB 95 gr FMJ, and remmy express 88 gr JHP and headed to my own personal range. let me start by saying that ya'll better be glad that some of you's know how to fix these little buggers.

first thing, i wiped out all the factory grease and used a little CLP on the slide and put her back together.

25 rounds of magtech worked fine, no problems. loaded up a mag of the JHPs. on about the 3rd round *BAM* failure to eject. EVERY SINGLE ROUND after that was a failure to eject. not stuck hard, just stuck an ink pen down the muzzle and they popped right out. i finally gave up after about 4 rounds of JHPs, another 3 magtechs, and 3 WWBs.

so, i wasn't about to let this failure keep me from at least doing a milk jug test on my potential carry ammo...

took a few shots to get much of anything accomplished. kept getting bad shots on my jugs. finally got smart and dumb all at the same time. here's the wonderful result.
    [​IMG]
    even after the little bugger bit me, i DID however manage to get a good round in my milk jugs. the little 88 gr HP was recovered in the 3rd jug, tip plugged with plastic.
    [​IMG]

i'm going to guess w/o asking or doing a search that it needs to have the chamber and feed ramp polished?

thanks for help in advance to those wiser than i.

to read the P11/P40 mini range report, go to this link:
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1193800358/0#0

13. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005

Check the buttonhead first. 25 flawless rounds sounds good. FTE on rounds 28 and beyond.

Give it a little cleaning and put some grease on the slide and frame rails. Then give it another shot. You may have just run out of lube.

14. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma

+1 to what Zeke said. Tighten frankenbolt & grease the slide rails. My P3 won't run with just oil.

15. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas

i forgot about guys on here saying that just oil usually doesn't cut it. i'll try that and a F&B, but i've got to get the stuff for that first.

16. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006

Cool! Hope you get it running smooth, and I don't think you'll regret it. I was a bit hard headed about it to...came onto KTOG last summer, decided I HAD to have a PF-9 because, well, the P3-AT just wouldn't cut it, and then last May or so I ended up buying both of them within a week.

You can guess which one gets carried 60+ hours a week, and which one gets carried about 5 hours a week!

17. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    so i did a bit of fluff and buff, added some grease, and went back to the range quite hopeful. to have exactly the same thing happen. i knew that it had to be something with the gun and i just wasn't sure what. finally got that smart idea to try and see if it would extract and eject LIVE rounds and it wasn't just a fired round problem. bingo, so now what? take the thing apart and i'm just pretty dang sure that my extractor broke. yet again, if i wasn't SURE that this thing could be fixed because of KTOG, i'd probably already be done with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

unless somebody else here tells me otherwise, tomorrow it's going to be call KT and get me some new parts cos it's just not handy to HAVE to wear a jacket in order to wear the P11 in the sometimes still warm afternoons...

18. gb6491

gb6491 New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Compared to my 2nd gen P32, your's looks broken;
    [​IMG]
    Regards,
    Greg

19. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    It's either broken or manufactured wrong. Either way you need a new one.