Okay, here it is! (gun pr0n!)

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by John_W, Jan 10, 2008.

1. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Now that I've gotten my new Armalaser installed, I'm ready to post a photo of my new Kel-Tec.

Here it is! ;D Photo looks a bit better if you click it once to enlarge.

[​IMG]

The only things that are still missing are the Mika pocket holster I have on its way, and a metal mag catch.  :)

2. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Next: practice, practice, practice. :)

3. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    Cool, it looks like your magazine has leds in the side. :cool:

At least on my monitor.

4. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    No, only JHPs & FMJs! ;D

5. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Beautiful! I have mine set up in exactly the same way - except mine is blued/black. (Well, actually, the ArmaLaser is somewhere in transit. I ordered it two days ago.) Give us a range report on the AGlaser pads and the ArmaLaser. I'll do the same in a few days.

If I ever see a Navy/HC P3AT I'll buy it on the spot. I don't know why KT doesn't make more of them.

I hope never to use my P3AT for its intended purpose, but it is probably my favorite gun and is my daily traveling companion.

Oh, how do you carry it?

6. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Will do - as soon as I can make it back out to the range! :)

The only thing I didn't mention in the graphic above is the flourescent sight treatment, in orange & green. :)

And once 2PP gets his shop back up & running, I plan to put in a metal mag catch, for mag catch durability/ reliability.

Search on the internet. That's where I found mine.

I had actually originally intended to look for a chrome/black model, but the chrome/navy model was what I turned up. I do think the chrome & navy is handsome, but I also really like the chrome & gray for some reason. If I get another one it'll probably have to be chrome & gray. ;D

Yup.

Front pocket. I'm waiting on a Mika holster which should be arriving any day now.

7. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Nice looking setup and well done on the picture, Sheepdog!

A couple of questions, if you don't mind?

Did you have any experience with Crimson Trace products before you chose the Armalaser?

What were the two biggest factors in your choosing the AL over the CT?

Thanks in advance. I am just curious because I have recently been smitten with the laser bug and am seriously considering adding one to my P3AT.

8. jocko

jocko Guest

Will do - as soon as I can make it back out to the range!  :)

The only thing I didn't mention in the graphic above is the flourescent sight treatment, in orange & green. :)

And once 2PP gets his shop back up & running, I plan to put in a metal mag catch, for mag catch durability/ reliability.

Search on the internet. That's where I found mine.

I had actually originally intended to look for a chrome/black model, but the chrome/navy model was what I turned up. I do think the chrome & navy is handsome, but I also really like the chrome & gray for some reason. If I get another one it'll probably have to be chrome & gray.  ;D

Yup.

Front pocket. I'm waiting on a Mika holster which should be arriving any day now.[/quote]

if u treat your mag catch right, you will never need to replace it. Don't slam feed the magazines, push the mag button when inserting and it will never wear out. I am sure if you slam feed the metal magazine catch that it will also cause issues.

9. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Nice rig - Looks like you have all the bases covered! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Now - clean, lube, shoot, enjoy, and repeat as often as possible. :)

And most of all... STAY SAFE! ;)

Bobo

10. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    No. I made my decision based on what I read here and on my priorities.

Rick of armalaser made some comments in a thread here that made me feel good about going with his product and his company.

Four significant or major factors were:

1) Price. The Armalaser simply costs less. With gun, ammunition, cleaning stuff, grip cover, laser unit, and so forth, I'm in too deep already, so without any obvious CLEAR advantage to the CT, this was a definite consideration! ;D

2) The fact that you can always send the Armalaser back and have it inexpensively refitted for a different firearm if you choose to do so later.

3) Armalaser's reputation for excellent customer service.

4) Battery life. While I'm not sure the batteries will last twice as long in the Armalaser, they'll probably last longer, and that's a factor. Reliability and convenience are both issues. And as has been noted elsewhere, when you change the batteries (probably on any laser unit) you need to fire it some and then readjust the sight again to allow for settling after firing. Being able to go longer without doing this is definitely a plus IMO.

I personally think the Crimson Trace product looks a bit cooler and higher tech. But having the coolest, highest-tech LOOK was not my top priority.

5) I also like the "magic-on" nature of the Armalaser.

And since buying the armalaser, I ran across

6) a video on armalaser's web site where they durability-tested their unit (on a Kel-Tec P3AT!) by dropping it muzzle-first onto concrete from a ladder, from about 8 feet up... again and again and again.

You could see the laser still happily shining away.

So the torture-test also confirmed to me that I had made a good decision.

Obviously I haven't had the unit very long (only about 24 hours) but it seems to work just as advertised, and I'm happy with the purchase so far.

(Rick, do I get a commission? ;D )

11. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Thanks for the excellent advice, jocko! I do still want to eventually get the metal mag catch, though. It'll increase my confidence a bit (especially that I could just slam the mag home in a tense situation without being concerned about that particular issue); and secondly, I think the metal mag catches are just plain cool. ;D

12. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    And thanks for the well wishes, Bobo! Especially appreciated from you as after reading about a zillion of your posts, I've already come to think a lot of your opinions. ;D

13. NICE SHEEPDOG... and WELCOME again to KTOG!

As Bobo said:

CLEAN..........LUBE..........SHOOT..............REPEAT