Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;D
Brief intro:  my name is Dan, live in the Tampa Bay area.  Not an leo, not military, not a black-bag-wetworks-death-dealing-snake eater.  Just a husband and father.  I enjoy shooting, and taking long walks on the beach.  Wait, scratch that last bit.  :eek:
How I got into a ktp3at:  had a disc (L4/L5 that herniated and extruded).  That was fun.  Then, had surgery.  More fun.  While I spent the 3 weeks after surgery taking walks down my drive and eventually onto my street, it occured to me  "I cant carry a govt model, or even my g19".  I need something that doesnt pull on my belt and make my back sore (more sore) at all.  Borrowed a 342ti and g26.  Little bulky for walking shorts front pockets.  Then, a friend introduces the kt.  And here I am.  
Do you guys have Kool Aid? ;)

Dan

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Welcome Dan.  I think you will fit in fine here.  It was great your friend introduced you to this light wait wonders
and I though the saying was "Friends don't let friends carry gocks" ;D

Besides the P3AT heading, be sure to visit and add into the Counter, Other Guns, etc

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
jdsumner said:
Do you guys have Kool Aid? ;)
Fortunately you live in a location that currently has no limit on the number of P-3ATs you can own. You should immediately start saving to purchase a back-up P-3AT. Then you can put yourself on a one per month P-3AT acquisition program. When you have seven you can rotate them daily, so you always have a fresh one should it be needed. Later on you can join the Double Digit Club for true P-3AT aficionados :)

Wilson – who’s a bit of a junkie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shooting gets done tomorrow.
Purchased a DeSantis Nemesis holster, l/r hand pocket clips, bore snake (to go in 9mm general kit box), extra mag, and box-o-carry ammo (fed pd hs).
1,000 round of fmj's on hand. Not planning on shooting all of 'em. Just coupla hunnerd to make sure functioning is okeydokey.

"Field testing" the Nemesis since the purchase this morning. Love it. I have always hated, no loathed, no been nauseated by mouse guns. Till that whole surgery thing. Totally revamped my thinking. Rule 1-have a gun. Small and light and crummy caliber in the pocket trumps uber 1911 in the safe hands down.

Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wilson, yer a freak, bro. ;D
Already planning on a second. Like I posted on another forum earlier, with small guns like this, its just as easy to tote two as one plus a reload.
And since they come in soooo many purty colors, remembering that od is for monday, and blue for tues, and grey....... wont be a problem.

Dan

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
jdsumner said:
...Not planning on shooting all of 'em.  Just coupla hunnerd to make sure functioning is okeydokey....
Hope you have a few of those back pills left for your hand tommorrow if you do a couple hundred rounds. While recoil is not bad, it does have a bite to it.

Letting the trigger fully return between rounds takes a little adjustment, If you short reset the trigger, you will get a light strike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got 79 out of 80 Percoset 650's left. Ask me why I didnt take but one them bastiges :-X.

As to shooting 200 rounds or so. Got 2 other prospective kt'ers (dad who is s.o., and friend who is always looking for the perfect packin pistol) to share the chore. Also, am gonna borrow Pops's 5.11 shooting gloves. Yes, you may call me Trina.

Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
to be honest, I really am not expecting any trouble with this gun. When I broke it, errr ....broke it down, the finishing work done to the metal surfaces looked quite a bit better than I had expected. Lightly lubed, the slide ran quite smoothly.
Still, gonna hammer a few thru just cuz.

Dan

·
Registered
840 Posts
from the other coast WELCOME....your gonna love the punch that little piece packs...Duplicolor makes a plastic paint called FUSION which is available in many colors to customize your grip.....this way you can keep track of which gun for which day......you'll find that keltecs are like tattoos and potato chips(the vice list just keeps getting longer and longer)...I tell wifey it's mid life crisis......anywat welcome again from 300 miles away........... ;D

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
jd, don't listen to these guys they'll have you talked into one of every caliber. ;D

I started out with only needing one P3AT then had to have a Hard Chrome model, then a P11, then a P40 etc, etc. They will try to get you addicted, don't succumb to their evil ways.

Welcome to the Koolaid stand.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
zeke,
quickmick7,

thanks for the welcome and the Kool Aid. My p3at is a bluish grey with park'd slide. So far, it really is a nicer gun than originally expected. If it pops everytime my boogerhook strokes the bangswitch, I am a happy camper.

This is not my first choice in primary guns. I love my 1911's and have warmed ever so slightly to my g19. But, like I said, the one on ya beats the one left at home for whatever reason. Its Florida, ya know. Sometimes I just wanna wear my Speedos and flip flops, errr..... shorts and flip flops. but, I still want a gun. Just how I grew up. It was just a tool to be carried and used only under appropriate circumstances. And, my wife runs a home based business that has a number of dressy occasions to attend. Tucked shirt and all, this is the gun to have. And DeSantis's Nemesis is a great pocket option. I am old school, keep the trigger covered till the gun is in your control.

Dan

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
quote; "Wilson – who’s a bit of a junkie"

A BIT of a junkie? ::)

When you look up KelTec Junkie in the dictonary it says "see Wilson".

Jim, who wishes he had HALF as many KTs as Wilson does.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.