Ok, so check this out...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by artimus_prime, Nov 18, 2007.

1. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    I went to the range with my P3AT (which I named Mule, cause every guy has to name his guns ;) ) and I fired about 25 or so rounds through it when the assembly pin came out!!! When the slide cycled back to eject spent casing, no probs but when it cycled forward to reload it just kept going downrange! In the process, the recoil springs were lost. Anyone ever have this happen to them? I know I put it back together properly after it's last cleaning.

2. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    First time I've heard if it happening.

3. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

See his and my post here;
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1195433801

4. kimberbp22

kimberbp22 Banned

Nov 9, 2007
    You...have...got...to...be...kidding...

5. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    I think he's talking about the slide going down range,not the bulge. I'v only read about 1 on a KT last year.

6. jocko

jocko Guest

what kind of groups does ur slide "shoot" :-/ :-/

7. kimberbp22

kimberbp22 Banned

Nov 9, 2007
    Oh, in that case... I'd feel the pin before it ever completely fell out because my left thumb covers the pin when shooting two handed. And, to Artimus, you really, really NEED to pull the frame from the grip and check out the assembly pin holes, especially the one on the left side of the frame, opposite the ejection port. There's a very good chance that the hole has been damaged/enlongated after the pin disengaged from the other hole. I wonder how many rounds were fired in this condition before the slide decided to take off. Either way, I'd definitely send it to KT with a detailed explanation of what happened.

8. kimberbp22

kimberbp22 Banned

Nov 9, 2007
    ;D

I'm guessing no groupings since it was a "single shot".

9. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    ;D

I'm guessing no groupings since it was a "single shot".[/quote]

Perhaps one ragged hole?

10. NI4NI

NI4NI New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Never on my P3AT, but it did happen once to my PF-9. It has a weaker retention spring on the assembly pin. Didn't loose the slide though, it just failed to chamber the following round.

11. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    I was fairly disappointed by the performance of my slide. It didn't expand at all upon impact! ;D