Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAHAHAHAHA!!!..sorry that "last" question bit cracked me up!!

What, if anything, are you guys doing about a flash hider, compensator, or whatever on the end of the C or CA barrel?
Do I really "need" anything there or just leave the knurled thread protector on there?
I have a Winchester with the Boss on the end of the barrel, and a couple compensated pistols, and they are louder than heck!! Will a flash hider do the same thing and make them louder?
Ok.. thats it....well till my next question..:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a Primary Weapons Systems FSC556 on mine. It was way expensive, but it works incredibly well. You don't need anything on the end of your SU-16. It is all about what you want.

FWIW, my wife didn't even want to shoot my Charlie. The loud report to the sides of the rifle, because of the compensator, made her a bit scared of it. But, once she got behind the wheel, where it is much more comfortable on the ears, she saw it wasn't as bad as all that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have a PWS FSC on my CA.
Note the shim washers provided could not get the device aligned properly - i need to buy a crush washer now.

It's legal in NY as it does not completely eliminate flash. Sounds more like a sharp crack through plugs and muffs than stock. Looks really cool. I've heard the QC compensator is no louder than stock and really reduces recoil and climb.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it do anything? I'm not real concerned about the looks..I'm looking for something that does something, otherwise I'll just leave the cap on..

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I bought a Yankee Hill flash suppressor 5c2 IIRC. I wanted one bad because when I tried shooting mine in a little shade or under cover all I saw was a huge fireball! No more fireballs with the f/s installed.

Bam Bam

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just went with the old m16 style three prong flash hider, looks good and cheap...
Me too, and I thought I was the only one, lol! My fh is a little chewed up from a fall at the range, so I'm in the process of grinding the tips into chisel points for that "pig sticker" look, a'la the tapco razr AK brake. As a side note, the original slab/smooth side AR with the triangle forend (think viet nam era) is the only AR I would ever consider owning, and that is strictly for asthetic purposes... I'm not a fan of the platform on the whole and find the M4 variant to be especially offensive, operationally and cosmetically. Pistons own direct impingment!!! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just went with the old m16 style three prong flash hider, looks good and cheap...
I had an A2 flash hider on mine for a while but removed it so the rifle would fit (folded) into a tool box I have. If I replace the hider, I will either machine index it or use a style like you mention that doesn't require indexing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just purchased a PWS FSC556. I was very impressed with the amount of reduced recoil and barrel jump from the videos. When a SAW stays virtually motionless when on full auto, I think that is pretty good.

bgb

·
Registered
151 Posts
As a side note, the original slab/smooth side AR with the triangle forend (think viet nam era) is the only AR I would ever consider owning, and that is strictly for asthetic purposes... I'm not a fan of the platform on the whole and find the M4 variant to be especially offensive, operationally and cosmetically. Pistons own direct impingment!!! :)
OT, but, I'm with you on that, brotha. One of the biggest reasons I bought a SU-16 was because I couldn't stand to have an AR, like everyone else. The only AR I would keep would have to have wood furniture.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just purchased a PWS FSC556. I was very impressed with the amount of reduced recoil and barrel jump from the videos. When a SAW stays virtually motionless when on full auto, I think that is pretty good.
bgb
Smith Enterprises has some really good stuff. My son has their 'Coast Guard' type muzzle break on a DSA SA58TAC. The recoil reduction was very notable. They make it with a 1/2 x 28 thread too.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They don't come as perty as the pic. Pretty rough on the finish, I slapped it on my 15-22 and it just didn't look right , even with an AR type barrel.
Thanks ... good to know!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well... there's one vote for, and one against...thanks..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts