Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
new CMR and PMR

I just bought a PMR30 and a CMR30. I Only shot 15 rounds thru each. I added high profile scope mount and a Bushnell 1-4 illum. scope. I do have a small sig vert handle that will go on along with small flat laser sight. I have owned a sparrow suppressor for a couple of years now that is 22wmr capable. I also bought a Peak case for the guns.
Hopefully I will not regret the purchase. I am a 22wmr fan. I have a matching AMT 22wmr pistol and hunting rifle with matching 10 shot magazines. AMT did this same mag thing years ago. The rifle is accurate and deadly.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
My CMR/PMR Combo and a Kicker!

Just a photo of my setup here. The CMR has a Tru-Glo red/green dot scope on it that mounts in perfect harmony with the original Magpul pop-up sights. If I need to use them, I simply pop em' up and look right through the scope like its not even there. The forward grip is an inexpensive 'no name' job I picked up on eBay that I have been very pleased with. The black PMR in the case with the CMR has a Pursuit red laser sight because hey, there was a place to put it!

In the case lid is the 'kicker' I mentioned. It is my funky-lookin' 'gold edition' PMR-30 with fluted/threaded barrel and flash suppressor. That's a Burris FastFire 3 reg/green dot scope mounted on it. LOTSA FUN!

The case is a Plano ProMax Protector series model #1535 that I posted on in the 'case thread' in this forum.

Those are Tandemkross magazine 'bumpers' on the mags I use in the PMRs.

Lastly, all three have the self-adhesive rubberized grips on them because I find the factory grips to be somewhat slippery.

Cheers and good shooting to all!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up my CMR-30. Haven't fired it yet 'cause I'm too busy adding mods. Have a couple red dots to try but I'll start with a Bushnell AR Optics 1-4X24 scope. Have a Sparrow suppressor to try later but starting with just a Kineti-Tech barrel shroud. In front of the Magpul vertical grip I mounted a Truglo Micro-Tac green laser.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
CMR-30 Extended Handguard

Modified CMR-30 (Extended Handguard and Rails).

1. Ordered parts from Kel-Tec.
2. Measured, Taped and Cut parts to fit.
3. I decided to go a different route than a lot of the similar modifications I've seen online... I used the two pieces of cut rail to fasten the two sides of the handguard sections together instead of using one of the barrel guides to re-drill. This way, there is no modification to the stock CMR-30. Hell, I could see these as pre-assembled forend extensions. When I was done, I replaced two screws on the front handguard for longer screws and the whole front assembly slid right on (the rail sections were already attached to the new handguard).
4. Simply remove thread protector, slide new handguard extension on, remove old screws in forward holes of existing handguard, insert new longer screws... done!

I plan on shaping the rail sections to match the rounded opposite side of the rail... so it's uniform. This is just the finished product. Everything is aluminum and very easy to cut/drill.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun
Gun Games Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun
3x9 UTG on a 6” long 1/2 high riser
still having issues with failure to pick up a round and chamber (FTL) using a fully loaded mag. But Do not have that issue with the PMR30. It just rocks with no issues.
But the CMR30 works better with a 20rd loaded mag. Believe just to much upward pressure on the bolt with a fully loaded mag. Maybe slowing rearward action of the bolt? More than likely the CMR is just not broken in yet.
Many no fires with CCI WMR fmj and hollow points but none with Winchester and Armscor.
Go figure. CCI LR rds are great in all my 22s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked it up yesterday. Added the vertical grip (which may be a little too big) and that's all I've done besides clean it and the magazines. I have another smaller vertical grip that might look better on it. Other then that, I'll be on the lookout for a Truglo red Dot that I can use with the iron sights. Not sure if it's 30mm or 40mm that suits that need?
Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Airsoft gun

41 - 60 of 94 Posts