Off Topic Reply: Reliable, daily carry

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tallpines, Jan 13, 2009.

1. tallpines

tallpines New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    My two P3ATs have been great even though I don't really carry them anymore since getting a Kahr PM9.  I need to send one back to KT for the new hammer block one of these days...

2. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    Re: Reliable, daily carry

I just replaced my hammer block the other day.  It didn't take more than 20 minutes from start to finish.  You can do it yourself and have it back up and running in far less time.

3. tallpines

tallpines New Member

Jan 8, 2009

I just replaced my hammer block the other day. It didn't take more than 20 minutes from start to finish. You can do it yourself and have it back up and running in far less time.[/quote]

I've heard the blocks can be quite "fiddly" to get back in. Something with the spring. Funny thing is I wanted to pull the frame and just send KT the grip (no firearm issues), but they said I had to send in the entire gun so they could test fire it. They wouldn't send me the parts directly, either. :-/

4. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    I just replaced my hammer block the other day.  It didn't take more than 20 minutes from start to finish.  You can do it yourself and have it back up and running in far less time.[/quote]

I've heard the blocks can be quite "fiddly" to get back in.  Something with the spring.  Funny thing is I wanted to pull the frame and just send KT the grip (no firearm issues), but they said I had to send in the entire gun so they could test fire it.  They wouldn't send me the parts directly, either.  :-/[/quote]

Did you brag on and on about how great your Kahr PM9 is compared to your Keltec?   :p  Just messin' with you, I got the revised hammer block in the mail about 1-2 days after calling and asking nicely for it.

5. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008

I've requested parts from kel-Tec several times. They are always very helpful and get the parts right out. Usually for free!

6. Whamo

Whamo New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Is there a recommended list of spares? I need to order an extra magazine, are there any essential parts I should get while I'm ordering?

7. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    If you order parts from the Sales dept. you'll probably have to pay for them; if you ask for the Service dept. they'll probably be free.

I'm pretty sure the mag will have to be bought from Sales, the other parts could be had from Service.

These may come in handy and you can most likely get them free from Service:
    Recoil springs and guide rod
    Mag catch and spring
    Ejector
    Extractor, spring, and screw

When Service sends out free parts they also pay the shipping, so ordering at one time to save your shipping costs is a non-issue.

Bobo

8. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
  9. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I have a spare part for everything except of course the barrel, slide and frame. I probably wont need most of it but its good to know I have it. I bought a new grip because I'm making new mag catches and my gun came with a gray grip and I like the all black look.