Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was conversating with a few pals of mine and we were talking about the second or third Hobby of a gun owner "Cleaning!" We were going over some of the things we do to make this easier. One stated he uses Clean diesel fuel to soak in ,while I personally prefer A.T.F. The detergents just pull the carbon off all the while lubricating all those precious metal parts.
" My Precious Parts!"
Then it got me thinking . What sort of off the wall hacks due the " KTOGGER's" use.
So I am asking. Let me know what you do that's different but effective to get that carbon and grime out of your " PRECIOUS!"

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
We were going over some of the things we do to make this easier.
So I am asking. Let me know what you do that's different but effective to get that carbon and grime out of your " PRECIOUS!"
My favorite "hack":
Get them all dirty, and wait...
When some newbies show up, offer to let them :quote:learn:quote: the proper cleaning technique by practicing on mine. Since I have a variety of guns, they can try their hand at each type of weapon:D.

All I do is point and talk, and they all come out sparkling clean
Green Black Yellow Head Text
. Not sure if there is an easier way:p.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My favorite "hack":
Get them all dirty, and wait...
When some newbies show up, offer to let them :quote:learn:quote: the proper cleaning technique by practicing on mine. Since I have a variety of guns, they can try their hand at each type of weapon:D.

All I do is point and talk, and they all come out sparkling clean View attachment 33636 . Not sure if there is an easier way:p.
Now That's a Hack. :p

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheap tool to scrape carbon from the inside of your AR bolt carrier: you can take a 5.56 stripper clip and open the fold that holds the cartridge rim then grind off the end to make it square and it makes a passable carbon scraper.
That's sounds Awesome. could we get a picture maybe? Thanks..;)

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
No, it isn't. There's nothing beyond that table of contents page.
Scroll back to Post #2. Hover your mouse cursor over the text which reads, "The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance" The cursor will change from an arrow to a right-hand with an index finger extended. This shows you the HTML link. Click the left hand button on your mouse. That will take you to the page.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
My guns are "As seen on TV". Nothing sticks to them.
Heavily baked on carbon wipes off like this: (see any pot or pan commercial).
And they are dishwasher safe!
I got two for the price of one and they threw in a knife!

But seriously, I found WD-40 to be a fine carbon remover.
but I will try the ATF next time. ATF will have much better "lubricity".
Is that a word?

Reactions: FyreGuy

·
Banned
43 Posts
Scroll back to Post #2. Hover your mouse cursor over the text which reads, "The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance" The cursor will change from an arrow to a right-hand with an index finger extended. This shows you the HTML link. Click the left hand button on your mouse. That will take you to the page.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Okay, if it's there, then I guess it's there but it doesn't work for me. All I get is a pop-up that says "see full sized image" which just displays a larger picture of the table of contents. There's no underlining or anything else indicating an actual link. But, who knows, it could just be my browser or whatever.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Okay, if it's there, then I guess it's there but it doesn't work for me. All I get is a pop-up that says "see full sized image" which just displays a larger picture of the table of contents.
Hover over the actual text, not the image.

Text Line Font Parallel Web page

There's no underlining or anything else indicating an actual link. But, who knows, it could just be my browser or whatever.
Probably just the forum software. The new software acts in unexpected ways some times. I wanted to avoid posting the link twice because, when I came up on NNTP, that was considered "messy" and kinda impolite. But here's the link, not embedded in text:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/http://www...g-and-maintenance/ebook/product-22153656.html

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.