*****OFF Board SOLD*****

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Cetlek, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Cetlek

Cetlek New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    OFFUp for sale is a Glock G26 with Glock hard case and lock,two 10 round magazines with finger extensions,Crossbreed IWB Super tuck deluxe holster and 19 rounds Corbon Pow R Ball self defense ammo.Gun is in new condition only shot around 200 rounds thru it,LOCAL PICKUP ONLY Broward County Florida,MUST HAVE CCW AND FLORIDA DRIVERS LICENCE.Only asking $400 for everything!!!!

Here is the link for the gun and holster:

http://www.glock.com/english/glock26.htm

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

2. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Re: ******SOLD*********

??? no off board sale mentioned/ no 'I'll Take It ' posted, seems we have a failure to follow the rules.

3. Cetlek

Cetlek New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Re: ******SOLD*********

??? no off board sale mentioned/ no 'I'll Take It ' posted, seems we have a failure to follow the rules.
    [/quote]

My bad

4. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    "My bad"??? That's nice.

5. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    I think someones going to get yelled at ;D

6. Cetlek

Cetlek New Member

Jul 25, 2010

After I posted for sale a friend mine purchased it,than I marked it sold so the other forum members would know it's not available......so I don't understand what you want me to do..

5. When a deal has been made, the original poster must edit his first post and put "SOLD" or SPF (sold pending funds) at the beginning of the title of that post. If it was a WTT or WTB, also edit the title appropriately to indicate the changed status of the thread.

7. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1111130452

It's assumed, that unless you have it clearly posted that your item is for sale elsewhere...it's only for sale on this forum.

I think everyone would like you to follow the rules...all the rules, or feel free not to participate in the Trading Post.

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    FWIW, I'll take a shot at explaining the logic behind this all-too-often violated rule.

1.  It's a courtesy to our members in the interest of providing all pertinent information for their consideration.
    2.  It may work in the seller's favor by pushing a possible ktog buyer off the fence when they know the item is subject to being snapped up elsewhere.
    3.  We operate a transparent Trading Post.  Since would-be buyers here are required to post in the thread when negotiating, it offers an explanation for something that suddenly gets sold with no posts in the thread.  Otherwise, people might wonder if it was scalped under the radar via PM or email by someone who ignored the rules.

I understand that someone might list something only on KTOG, and then have a friend or relative learn about and buy it.  Apparently, this happens fairly often. I would simply suggest that any seller here who thinks that a local sale could materialize, just go ahead and mention in their post that they are open to local, non-ktog sales if the opportunity presents itself.    

9. Cetlek

Cetlek New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I apologize I didn't mean anything by it,if I do post here again I will mention that in my post.