Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Im doing shooting either of my KelTec P3ATs there are always little brass smudges on top of the slide.

Im looking at the gun and cant imagine what aerobatics the spent casing would have to go thru to put smudges on top of the slide......but what else could it be?

Just an observation.....

·
Registered
396 Posts
From what I gather, that is pretty normal for the 3AT. If you take a look at your spent case, I'm pretty sure you'll also see the case mouth deformed a bit. The case does do at least a 180 coming out of the gun, and does make some contact in seemingly unusual places.

I am assuming the brass smudges are to the rear of the ejection port? ;D

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
On the PF9 forum;

ktwm said:
2PP It looks like that ding above the extractor may be caused by the hood on the barrel, during feeding.

I have seen a Slo-Mo video of the 3AT firing and the case did about 1.5 to 2 full spins, right in that area you have brass marks in. If I had the Video, I would post it.
Ain't much room for spinning in there.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's mice wearing brass tennis shoes! :eek:

The empty case hits the ejector and does some aerobatics that are probably not always consistent from shot to shot. Some of them hit the top of the slide behind the ejection port on the way out and leave tracks. It's quite common. ;D ;D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine's got them too and my p3at is only a few weeks old. I think I noticed it almost immediately and today, while cleaning I noticed it was marginally worse. Seems someone posts answers to my questions just before I ask. Great forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.