OD Green/ Hard Chrome Pics

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by HOUSER52, Jul 23, 2010.

1. HOUSER52

HOUSER52 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    The UPS guy brought my new OD grip earlier today. It took only 2 days to get here from Fla. which was quicker than I expected.
    Everyone was right by saying it wasn't that hard to swap out. I only had one little glitch which was letting the trigger spring slip past the trigger bar before I saw how it was supposed to go together. Took me a few minutes to figure it out. After that all went smooth.
    I'll get to fire it some later today and make sure everything's still working like it should.

I think the color of the OD grip and HC slide go together pretty well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In a Bear Creek Wallet Holster

[​IMG]

2. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    Looks great. I like that OD and chrome look you have on there. Also, it gives quite a bit of personal satisfaction to come through with a major mod like that in good condition. Assuming the range will prove it works well, that is. Which it will - no worries.

3. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Wow, I've never really liked OD, but that looks nice.  Great combination of OD and HD.

4. HOUSER52

HOUSER52 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Thanks for all the positive comments.
    Just got the holster today and after more rounds down range it should be ready for carry full time.

5. Badman400

Badman400 Active Member

Nice job!

Good looking end result, and I like that holster.

I have more than a few pistols, but the P3AT is my daily carry 99% of the time.

Just can't beat it for size/weight/comfort/concealment.

And when you can't carry something larger, the .380 round is certainly better than nothing.

Good luck.  :cool:

6. HOUSER52

HOUSER52 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I've been carrying my P32 in the same kind of holster for about a month now and I have it with me as long as I have pants on.  It's like you just forget it's there.:)
    The 3AT will move to full time as soon as it's proven reliable. So far so good. ;)

7. bunky

bunky New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    that realy realy looks nice ;)

8. HOUSER52

HOUSER52 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Thanks.
    The more I shoot and carry the Kel Tec the more I like it. It's like everybody says, you get to where you don't even notice it in your pocket. I think the holster has a lot to do with it too. It's really comfortable.

9. RPM_64

RPM_64 New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    That looks very sharp.

10. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Yeah, the holster helps to make it more comfortable. I made a custom, form-fitting one. Feels like a second wallet.

11. JohnR

JohnR New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    I was planning on getting an OD and black PF9 but realized I have a pocket knife that's OD and brushed stainless. I know it's silly but I might have to get an OD/chrome PF9 to match the knife :p

12. Badman400

Badman400 Active Member

Us men get a pass on "accessorizing" when it comes to our gun stuff. :cool:

13. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Us men get a pass on "accessorizing" when it comes to our gun stuff.  :cool:[/quote]

I've got a HC/Grey P3AT and think I would jump on a PF9 if I came across one in the same combo. Of course, then my wife would jump on me.  :)

Bill K.

14. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Beautiful gun!!!! I have one just like in my pocket right now. Until I get my Kahr PM9 fixed my P3AT is back in rotation as my 24/7 gun.

I think HC over green is the nicest color scheme KT has to offer. I have a HC/green P3AT and PF9 that I love.

Congrats of your impeccable taste!

15. HOUSER52

HOUSER52 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Thanks I appreciate that.

16. gcnd

gcnd New Member

May 18, 2010
    Looks great. I have nickel slide/Gray frame myself.

17. HOUSER52

HOUSER52 New Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I looked long and hard at the gray grip before deciding on the OD. If I get tired of the OD I can always order the gray grip and just swap them out. That's what's good about the Kel Tec, versatility. :)