Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The UPS guy brought my new OD grip earlier today. It took only 2 days to get here from Fla. which was quicker than I expected.
Everyone was right by saying it wasn't that hard to swap out. I only had one little glitch which was letting the trigger spring slip past the trigger bar before I saw how it was supposed to go together. Took me a few minutes to figure it out. After that all went smooth.
I'll get to fire it some later today and make sure everything's still working like it should.

I think the color of the OD grip and HC slide go together pretty well.

In a Bear Creek Wallet Holster

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Looks great. I like that OD and chrome look you have on there. Also, it gives quite a bit of personal satisfaction to come through with a major mod like that in good condition. Assuming the range will prove it works well, that is. Which it will - no worries.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments.
Just got the holster today and after more rounds down range it should be ready for carry full time.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Nice job!

Good looking end result, and I like that holster.

I have more than a few pistols, but the P3AT is my daily carry 99% of the time.

Just can't beat it for size/weight/comfort/concealment.

And when you can't carry something larger, the .380 round is certainly better than nothing.

Good luck.  :cool:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Badman400 said:
Nice job!

Good looking end result, and I like that holster.

I have more than a few pistols, but the P3AT is my daily carry 99% of the time.

Just can't beat it for size/weight/comfort/concealment.

And when you can't carry something larger, the .380 round is certainly better than nothing.

Good luck.  :cool:
I've been carrying my P32 in the same kind of holster for about a month now and I have it with me as long as I have pants on.  It's like you just forget it's there.:)
The 3AT will move to full time as soon as it's proven reliable. So far so good. ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks.
The more I shoot and carry the Kel Tec the more I like it. It's like everybody says, you get to where you don't even notice it in your pocket. I think the holster has a lot to do with it too. It's really comfortable.

·
Registered
623 Posts
houser52 said:
Thanks.
The more I shoot and carry the Kel Tec the more I like it. It's like everybody says, you get to where you don't even notice it in your pocket. I think the holster has a lot to do with it too. It's really comfortable.
Yeah, the holster helps to make it more comfortable. I made a custom, form-fitting one. Feels like a second wallet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was planning on getting an OD and black PF9 but realized I have a pocket knife that's OD and brushed stainless. I know it's silly but I might have to get an OD/chrome PF9 to match the knife :p

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
JohnR said:
I was planning on getting an OD and black PF9 but realized I have a pocket knife that's OD and brushed stainless.  I know it's silly but I might have to get an OD/chrome PF9 to match the knife  :p

Us men get a pass on "accessorizing" when it comes to our gun stuff. :cool:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Badman400 said:
[quote author=JohnR link=1279906889/0#10 date=1282094064]I was planning on getting an OD and black PF9 but realized I have a pocket knife that's OD and brushed stainless.  I know it's silly but I might have to get an OD/chrome PF9 to match the knife  :p

Us men get a pass on "accessorizing" when it comes to our gun stuff.  :cool:[/quote]

I've got a HC/Grey P3AT and think I would jump on a PF9 if I came across one in the same combo. Of course, then my wife would jump on me.  :)

Bill K.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Beautiful gun!!!! I have one just like in my pocket right now. Until I get my Kahr PM9 fixed my P3AT is back in rotation as my 24/7 gun.

I think HC over green is the nicest color scheme KT has to offer. I have a HC/green P3AT and PF9 that I love.

Congrats of your impeccable taste!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gcnd said:
Looks great. I have nickel slide/Gray frame myself.
I looked long and hard at the gray grip before deciding on the OD. If I get tired of the OD I can always order the gray grip and just swap them out. That's what's good about the Kel Tec, versatility. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.