obviously me too.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by virtual-rj, Nov 24, 2008.

1. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    I guess I was a bad boy, so until I hear otherwise, I guess I am out of luck here and overstayed my welcome.

This is what I get when I go into the counter...

You can view topics in this board.
    You can not post replies to topics in this board.
    You can not start new topics in this board.
    You can not start polls in this board.
    You can not post towards your post count in this board.

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    My money is on another forum bug.

3. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    RJ, try clearing the "Cookies" and "Cache" (Firefox) or "Cookies" and "Temporary Internet Files" (I.E.) in your browser.

4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    done, done and done

tried with IE, Firefox, Opera and Safari

tried 3 machines

:-/

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Strange...  Only in the Counter?

I noticed some wierd stuff yesterday with the new post lights coming on for me in threads that did not have new posts.  Do you have an update session button showing?  I have found that when I log on from a different computer, when I come back to this one, I often see an update session button where I need to re-log on and verify my account.  It could be something like that.  Otherwise, it is likely another corrupted file somewhere again.

The message you are seeing is what a newbie would see when trying to post in the Counter.  Apparently, the board is not recognizing your post count or something.  I raised it by one to see if that would "unstick" it.  If it doesn't correct itself, I'll just have to notify Ray.  I think we may need to update to a later version.  There is now a stable version yabb 2.2 that fixes a lot of these glitches.  However, I'm not comfortable messing with that stuff.  Ray has his business on this server and I'd probably wipe it out.  :eek:

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    no can fix. i thought I may have been a bad bad panda.

but hey, maybe it is karma.

i am meant to avoid the counter.

7. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Well yes, you are frequently a bad, bad panda, but that is beside the point.  ;D

Sometimes I wish I were banned from the Counter too. These things do self-correct at times.  Anyway, if there is no change soon, I'll let Ray know.  If you are not feeling optimistic, contact him now.

raymor@ktog(dot)org

8. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Hmm.. things are getting a little shaky. The site went down here earlier on Monday for an hour or two then again Monday night for several hours. I'm not sure how your account is working RJ but you haven't missed much. :-/

9. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    It's been getting flaky on me the past couple of days as well? :'( But for me it's just not letting me load up the site at all?!?!? It gives me an error saying there's something wrong with the server. :(

10. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    still not working. so i take it as an omen to stay out of the counter.

11. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
  12. shep854

shep854 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    0700 CST and I'm in with no problems, though I was getting a "Connection Interrupted" message last night.

Dubloon, your avatar really does a number this early in the morning. :eek: Got any Dramamine? ;D

Just kidding, though it DOES draw the eye.

13. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    RJ - If you're still locked out, give this a try.