Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Liability umbrellas are cheap, so for most this is a non-event.

However, isn't it sweet that they refer to the "privilege of owning said firearm" ?

And of course, how is this different from a poll tax ? Enumerated rights that are only extended to the rich ?

I'm sure there is a think-tank somewhere calculating the disproportionate impact of this law on minorities.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What happens when the 'insurance companies' determine which guns they will insure and which they will not? Instant gun control!

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
And of course, how is this different from a poll tax ? Enumerated rights that are only extended to the rich ?
How is a FOID any different from a Poll Tax, yet that's been upheld several times.

Not advocating for, just pointing out what has happened already.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Guess that depends on your definition of 'cheap'!
~$100 for $1M umbrella would meet MY definition. But sure, cheap is in the eye of....err....the wallet of the um...be-payer.

Hmmm. That didn't come together the way it sounded in my head.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
What happens when the 'insurance companies' determine which guns they will insure and which they will not? Instant gun control!
OTOH, we could have an ACA-like plan that along with the mandate provides subsidies for those who can't afford it. Some wiseacre should at least propose it on the floor, and also tag it "Obama-gun" as an homage.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Such a requirement is technically no different that requiring any protester, journalist, blogger, Facebook user, or any of us that comment on this stuff here to have a minimum $250,000 umbrella to have "access" to the web or be able to print flyers, etc.

Technically, this should be so "duh" obvious that this isn't even remotely constitutional. However, the courts for many years don't seem to want to put all of our rights on an equal footing. Some rights clearly have less rights than other rights.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
$1200 a year, every year, year in, year out. That's $1200 a year that a lot
of Americans don't have to spare.
A year, not a month. $100 a year. Maybe it's gone up a little, I haven't looked in a while. I'm paying less than $500/year for $3.5m umbrella

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.