Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pretty fair review here.  Although he missed a few salient points and occasionally errs on a fact or two, mostly he gets it right.  These videos should be helpful to anyone considering buying a P3AT.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4O3BxoFLM4&NR=1[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aroWUQuPtU&NR=1[/ame]

Check his other videos.  He reviews the PF-9 and SU-16 along with a few others.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nutnfancy&search_type=&aq=f

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Excellent for folks not familiar with Kel Teks. Easy going style with minimal "opinions" makes it listenable. Did you notice that he "swept" the camera man 3 times? :-[

·
Registered
898 Posts
wheelguy said:
Excellent for folks not familiar with Kel Teks. Easy going style with minimal "opinions" makes it listenable. Did you notice that he "swept" the camera man 3 times?  :-[

Seemed like he was doing his own camera work, no?

Take care...

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
In one of the videos he seemed to be talking to someone other than the camera and I thought I saw it move when he wasn't touching it but maybe not.

Either way he had his finger on the trigger quite a lot.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, he needs to learn to count.  
Remind me not to loan him a gun to review. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
jdmsds said:
I watched those videos when i was debating on getting a p3at. Pretty good videos considering it helped me make the decision!  :)
Same here. then I found this forum and started reading all of the wonderful feedback. I was about to jump on one of the BFR LCP's @ Gander Mountain for $350 + ship + $75 xfer to a local FFL. The money I saved darn near paid for the LG-430 I just bought.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
toddmog said:
[quote author=Rubb link=1229272993/0#8 date=1229294969] :eek: All those dry fires and mag slams
+1

Also does a boonie hat constitute eye protection?  :-/
[/quote]

Yea, I saw his little film where he shoots an SU16 and says he "doesn't need eye protection in the desert". Don't ask me what the heck that means. I guess he has never seen a gun kaboom. Perhaps he should see that ricochet thread in the Counter. Not too smart, really. :-/

·
Registered
34 Posts
devicemanager said:
[quote author=jdmsds link=1229272993/0#12 date=1229357506]I watched those videos when i was debating on getting a p3at. Pretty good videos considering it helped me make the decision!  :)
Same here. then I found this forum and started reading all of the wonderful feedback. I was about to jump on one of the BFR LCP's @ Gander Mountain for $350 + ship + $75 xfer to a local FFL. The money I saved darn near paid for the LG-430 I just bought.[/quote]

Yep exactly how it happened for me too. Originally wanted an LCP but couldn't really find any and the recall kinda turned me off of them anyways. Watched those videos and read a lot of good stuff here on the forum and jumped on a OD P3AT at finfeatherfur for $259. Now you're lucky to find a P3AT around here at all but there are plenty of LCP's to be had! ;D

I'm thinking about picking up a Crimson Trace laser for mine as well......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah....I noticed also that after the last full mag, he didn't drop the mag and clear it before putting it into his pocket...but then that would have required a dry fire ....right? On the other hand, from what I have seen in other posts here, the trigger/firing pin combo should be good for about 1000 dry fires after dropping the mag before showing any problem...right?
Cheers, Shurshot1

·
Registered
152 Posts
shurshot1 said:
Yeah....I noticed also that  after the last full mag, he didn't drop the mag and clear it before putting it into his pocket...but then that would have required a dry fire ....right?  On the other hand, from what I have seen in other posts here, the trigger/firing pin combo should be good for about 1000 dry fires after dropping the mag before showing any problem...right?  
Cheers, Shurshot1
I have been very careful with my P3AT and count rounds to avoid dry fires and use 380 snap caps to practice but...other than bashing the threads on the "Frankenbolt" will any thing really happen from a little dry firing of a P3AT. A "Frankenbolt" with "dinged" threads may be hard to get out in the unlikely event that you ever want to take it out but I doubt that any amount of dry firing will ever shear it off. I dunno...what do you all think. I think that maybe I've been excessively paranoid about dry firing my P3AT.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We're a little off topic, but there is no need to dry fire the P3AT to clear it.  Drop the mag, pull back the slide and visually inspect the chamber.  I would avoid dry firing as much as possible.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.