Now I'm A Believer

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Fat_Rat, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Fat_Rat

Fat_Rat New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    I posted the other day about having extractor problems and firing pin problems, and believe me it was all very frustrating.  Well, after working with the great folks at KT, and receiving advice and encouragement from the good folks on this forum, I am now a fan of the P3AT.  There for a while I felt like cutting my losses and selling it for whatever I could get, and then buy something else.  However, after reading this and other forums, there did not seem to really be anything in this category that you could call "better".  I have made my second trip to the range after having fixed the problem, and after going through 50 more rounds without any failures, I am now a big fan for this little weapon. I know now why people who have them make over them so much.  I know it is not a regular range weapon, but I believe every time I go I will have to fire off a few rounds just for the fun of it.  Again, thanks to Kel-Tec's great customer service people, and thank those of you who offered your assistance.  :)

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Good for you Fat-Rat! I'm so glad you stuck with it and got your P3AT up and running.

Bill K.

4. oldgranpa

oldgranpa New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    I'll add my "Good for you Fat-Rat". The P3AT is a work in progress. It's not perfect yet but KelTec has continued to improve this little pistol to where it is becoming a top contender for best .380 pistol. And their factory service continues to treat each problem with individual interest. And the problems are becoming fewer.
    By no means is the P3AT a target competition gun. It's what it is, a self defense pistol meant to be carried. Loaded with top quality, reliable ammo, it may save your life. More and more reports are being posted around the internet gun sites about how the .380 is adequate, and more than adequate in many cases.
    So thanks KelTec for your continued service and interest in making the P3AT a favorite self defense firearm.
    I feel sorry for those brands that continue to brag about "perfection" or superior firepower. Choose them if you want to. But here on KTOG we can say with assurance..."We told you so".
    Cheers,
    og