Notch Right Side Mag Floor Plate?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by nvp3at, Nov 3, 2009.

1. nvp3at

nvp3at New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Does anyone know the reason why there is a notch on the right side of the magazine floor plates?  At first I thought I chipped my magazine, but my second mag and my friends two mags also have the crude cut notch.  I hope I'm posting the pic link right...

[​IMG]

2. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    It's just the way it's made. It doesn't cause any problems. If the edges are a little rough or snag on your clothing, you can smooth the edges down with a nail file or some sand paper. I did all of mine in less than five minutes.

3. Moose

Moose New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    I just looked at mine as well, it has the little notch.
    No problems with it though.

4. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Neither of mine have/had any notch.  They have been replaced with finger extensions, but I never throw anything away. :)

5. Little_Z28

Little_Z28 New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    I never noticed it either until the other day when I switched one of my mags over to a finger extension. When I popped it off, I was like hmmm...Don't know why it's there, but it's normal and doesn't hurt anything.

6. Ka6otm

Ka6otm New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    No notches on any of my magazines.

7. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Same here. I thought I chipped it and had no idea how, but when i bought an extra mag the other day, it was the same way. Thought about posting about it, but forgot before I got back to the computer. Anyone know why its there?