Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just sent my P3AT back to Kel-Tec yesterday. I had FTF, FTE and smileys. I ran 200 rounds (PMC & UMC). Removed assembly pin and slide would not come off. Keeping my fingers crossed. Will update.

OK, received P3AT back today. Enclosed was a [Repair Work Order] Service Performed: Polished feed ramp, Replaced internal parts, Test fired. Other service notes; Replaced extractor, extractor spring/screw, trigger assembly. Polished feed ramp. Remarks - Test fired with no malfunctions occurring. There is also a stared note **** Steel, polymer and aluminum cased ammunitions are NOT recommended****. I will update after firing.

09/30/2011 OK fired my P3AT today, FTE on third round. Emptied clip and will trade in on another Ruger LCP. Bought one while waiting for Kel-Tec repair. Haven't had any problems with it. So I hate it for Kel-Tec; but, I can't keep a gun I will never trust.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finally some good news

Took it back to the range today with Winchester white box flat nose. On the 3rd mag i had a FTE, and then flawless after that. I then shot 6 mags of Gold dot and that was flawless. At this point I have to believe it was the American Eagle that was causing  the 2nd to last round jamming into the top of chamber problem. One day Ill try the American Eagle again, but right now I have enough confidence in it to carry it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
After Kel-Tec replaced parts on my P-3AT and did massive buffing work on it, the weapon works very well. I used to get many FTEs.

My drill is to clean the weapon extremely well, especially the chamber, and then fire two clips through it rapidly. I then go through a cleaning cycle again. I can fire the two clips time and time again with no issues. I am using my own reloads. For a carry weapon, two clips is more than enough for defensive reliability requirements.

By the way, I can not fire a clip without a FTE when using Winchester white box.

For carry rounds, I use a combination of Hornady and Remington Golden Sabre.

I still carry my J-frame whenever possible.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've done two things that have stopped failures.
1) I use PPU ammo.
2) For my grip, I wrap my left hand really high. My left hand thumb is right up on the frame just below the slide and my left hand index finger wraps around the trigger guard. So, instead of using my left hand to support my right hand from below, my left hand wraps around as much of the gun as possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
P3AT everyday

I can't say that I,ve shared in these problems. Mine's old, so Ruger wasn't an option. It's on my side every day...92 degrees with 85% humidity = few options. The 1911 is in the car and the P3AT's job is to get me back to it.

I use Remington UMC's because that's what they have around here. They just seem to work.

I added the Hogue sleeve before I left the store.

A few trips to the range and fingertip extentions were added. It was getting close, but still not really solid.

Sometime later sitting on the couch, thinking about the double sided electrcal tape I use on my hammers and shovels, a lightbulb went off. I wrapped the handle until it fit me like a glove.

My P3AT doesn't jump around and I don't have a problem limp wristing.

I live only 50 miles south of Cocoa and my pistol has never made a visit.

·
Registered
879 Posts
You can get a bad one of anything I have a friend thats sent his ruger lcp back 3 times and it's still not right He says he's going to trade it in on P3AT. who knows?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
A bad one is gonna fall through the cracks once in a while. I can understand not trusting a gun once this happens, especially in those cases where it goes back more than once and still isn't right. I love my P3AT and my PF9. Wanna add a P32 but can't get anyone to buy me one.:D

21 - 27 of 27 Posts