Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my gen 1 sub out to the farm last week to have some fun.....I didn't !
It had multiple failures to eject. Didn't matter what ammo I used. Every 3rd shot had a problem . Next was trying to adjust the front sight. WHO thought this hodge podge up ??? What a Cheap Desighn. I can see why they changed it on the Gen 2. I have seen better sights on Toy guns.! not kidding. I had issues with putting the mag in as well. It felt like something was Blocking it. You had to fumble with it,..put it in, take it out,...several times before it finally went in all the way.

My SU-16 runs flawlessly and has good adjustable Real sights on it. No FTF, no FTE and is very accurate. But this gen1 is very problematic.
I took it back to the gun shop. they had it for 3 days. They had their gun smith go through it ....then test fired it, only to find it had the same issue. They asked if I wanted to exchange it,.. Nope. they gave me back my money and sent the gun back for warranty. these guns are $700+ up here.!
I also own a "just Right carbine: in 9mm. It is way more accurate, The Sub doesn't hold a candle to it and much better build Quality for around the same price. I wont buy another.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I have no problem with my Gen 1, and mine must be a real cheap model as I only paid $379 for it several years ago.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have no problem with my Gen 1, and mine must be a real cheap model as I only paid $379 for it several years ago.
WPhilB47, I was fortunate, did even better, got mine before they started to get REAL popular, $349. Mines been perfect, no issues. I did pull the bolt, sand and polish it, never a single ejection issue. Changed the blade in the front sight to a bright green one, (forget who was offering them at the time). Thinking about doing the trigger, sounds like fun, (LOVE the aluminum trigger from Northwood in my PF9).:D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Cash America pawnshops at least in the San Antonio area have a 30 day guarantee on any used firearm they sell. If they can't get it repaired they refund your money in full.
Example, rough time finding a smith to take on the repair in a reasonable timeframe, factory parts are on a major backlog till being available, the smiths estimate is astronomical etc......

I bought a Mossberg 590 that had a jacked up extractor from them many years ago. They paid for the repair as promised. I've since purchased many more of their firearms over the years.

Glad the original poster was taken care of and sounds like you have a good dealer to work with up there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess I am the exception to the rule, had bought the Red Lion front sight and indexing foregrip immediately after buying my S2K on GB. They were home before I was, as I was traveling at the time.

When I got to the LGS/range to pick it up, of course I had to go shoot it immediately. What I found out was, I really like that cheezy, hokey sight. For my vision at that distance is one of the few that line up really well, as far out as I can see. I can reliably hit out to 50 yards with it and decided to just leave it alone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.