Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am having ongoing issues with my PF9.

First it had a light strike issue --it would do this about once every 7 rounds.
I sent it to Keltec and they replaced the barrel and fixed something in the slide.

I took it out a few weeks ago and ran 50 rounds through it.

2 times during that 50 , it jammed up. REAL good... yes I used good / new ammo (Federal) .

The empty brass would be all the way in the barrel and the next round would be jammed into the back of it.
It took a while to get it out.

So, I sent it back to Keltec--they got it on 4-2 . The guy on the phone said "just send in the slide. We will get this turned around quick-- in a week" .

Its now 4-18 . Do not have it back yet.

This is my carry gun and I should not have to worry about ANY malfunctions !!! :mad: :mad:

·
Banned
32 Posts
I had 2 pf9's. Had is the word . I spent about 1000 rds ,fluff and buff the price of two and the cost of mailing . Kel-Tec service is great .However they need a better product .If your life depends on the PF9 I would worry. Some here will say otherwise but you do not need a hobby of trying to make your KEL-Tec reliable .I spent over a grand on this product .I think I wasted lots of time and money . It is now out of my rotation . In my rotation I only use 100% reliable pistols. XDM 3.8 2000 rds no failures .S&W 642 500 rds no failures ,Ruger LCP 400 rds No failures.My former PF9's wouldnt shoot more than 50 rds witout a failure .Most of the time they would nopt shoot a whole mag without a failure .I guess I will be called a troll again good luck

·
Banned
319 Posts
Sucks to hear your having problems, I'm 500 rounds in and no problems and very happy GREAT product IMO. Hopefully they get this fixed for you. And just wondering if keltec has lifetime warranty why would you spent thousands unkjay

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Mine's been problem free for 2.5 Yrs, but I can empathize about being without my Daily carry pistol ( I just sent my top end in for the Hard Chrome swap) and while I do empathize, I do have more than 1 carry gun.
While they said a 2 week turn-around, I consider it just an estimate.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having problems. In my experience, their turnaround isn't that fast. More like four weeks or more. I've been where you are, and I was mad too. You can be pissed or be patient. I was forced to became patient (which runs against my grain) and eventually ended up with an excellent performing gun. But (as per my impatience) ended up buying a tcp738 while waiting for the B.S. to get sorted out. If you're so inclined it might be better to use the info on this site to order free replacement parts, make minor modifications and fix it yourself. The guys on here have come up with some amazing discoveries on how to tune your gun. I know I know you shouldn't have to, but a certain percentage of these little guns don't perform just right without some tinkering. Good luck.

·
Registered
501 Posts
You are having pretty much the same experience that I had with mine. This didn't work, that didn't,.. etc., etc. Every time KT made a repair or I got parts and made a repair myself I'd have to burn a couple hundred rounds trying to prove to myself that it was reliable for CCW. I finally gave up and bought a G27. Bottom line is, . . just grasp the fact that you got a bad one, unlike ALL the other people who got good ones. Cut your losses by selling it and buying something that you CAN trust. Plenty of other fish in the ocean. I loved the PF-9 but, just had to replace it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More BS from Keltec.

2 days ago they "couldnt find " my slide . The guy said " i will talk to shipping and call you right back" .

That was 2 days ago.

I work nights so I have to lose sleep to get up and call them.... AGAIN----they close at 2pm CT !

Again for the record , they received my slide on April 2nd.

Its now the 25th .

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Whats worse....not carrying a gun at all ? Or carrying one that theres a very good chance of it jamming up ?

:mad: :mad:

And I agree with the comment about running rounds thru it---I shouldnt have to spend $$$$$ at the range to "see if my gun works" .

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I work nights so I have to lose sleep to get up and call them.... AGAIN----they close at 2pm CT !
That also means that they start manning the phones at 8AM CT. What time do you normally go to bed?

Again for the record , they received my slide on April 2nd.
Its now the 25th .
I'm not sure why they started giving unrealistic turn-around times. They never used to.

Whats worse....not carrying a gun at all ? Or carrying one that theres a very good chance of it jamming up ?
What's worse, is not having more than one Carry gun. Sooner or later, any gun may need to be sent for Service... So sooner or later, if you only have one carry gun, you Will be without one... Even if it's just out of service for a couple days...

And I agree with the comment about running rounds thru it---I shouldnt have to spend $$$$$ at the range to "see if my gun works".
You don't think that ANY owner should need to familiarize themselves with a new gun before starting to carry it? More and more of the 'Big Name' brands are suggesting Break-In periods on their new subcompact pistols.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well rob , since you obviously work for Keltec---maybe you could look into the disappearance of my slide !

My work schedule has nothing to do with this incompetence.Its not my job to make sure they get repairs done in a timely fashion.

--April 28th ---still no slide

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Well rob , since you obviously work for Keltec---maybe you could look into the disappearance of my slide !

My work schedule has nothing to do with this incompetence.Its not my job to make sure they get repairs done in a timely fashion.
Nor is it ours. We are not the Kel-Tec complaint department.

17 total posts since joining. 11 since mid-April. Most just to bitch. And you are already venting you frustration at long time members who are trying to help you? Based upon past observations, the path you are following here will be very short.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Started having FTE problems with mine last week. Had been working flawlessly, then started FTE with every round. Wanted to make sure I wasn't limp-wristing it...put 3 more mags through it without any change.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldnt be bitching if this gun worked properly now would I ?? I have just stated the facts. Would you want people to know they are carrying a weapon that has problems? Im not the only one on here that bought a lemon - see Freefire 's post and the one above me.

Robs post wasnt helpful, it was condescending.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Robs post wasnt helpful, it was condescending.
Really?? Let's look at it again:

You complained about losing sleep to get up and call them (because you work nights?)".... AGAIN----because they close at 2pm CT !"
To which I replied that they start manning the phones at 8AM CT (which I believe I had mentioned earlier)... and asked what time do you normally go to bed and you petulantly reply that your work schedule has nothing to do with it and snidely insinuate that I work for them?
Obviously you felt that you did need to check up on them, so I wanted to offer a better solution than 'having to lose sleep over it'. Geeze
You said you worked nights. If you work 11P-7A (what used to be traditional night shift Hrs) or even 7P-7A, I'm guessing you possibly don't get home until maybe 0720-0730 (Give or take), which means it would definitely be easier to stay up and call them at 8AM before going to bed and sleep in a bit later, rather than having to wake up early to call. I was not trying to be condescending... simply trying to offer an alternative to needing to get up early.

You also wrote about being annoyed that they quoted you a 1 (or 2) week turnaround and they didn't deliver, to which I replied wondering why they started giving unrealistic turn-around times... That they didn't used to make such promises... Just Simple fact.

You then wrote: 'Whats worse....not carrying a gun at all ? Or carrying one that theres a very good chance of it jamming up?' ...and I replied that what's worse, is not having more than one Carry gun. Everyone that decides to carry recognizes, sooner or later, that as some point, they're going to be without their primary carry gun and need a 2nd, so they Don't have to be in a situation of not being able to carry at all.

Your comment about not having to shoot it to see if it works just seemed kind of ridiculous and I replied that even the Big Name brands are suggesting Break-In periods on their new subcompact pistols.
Guns not needing some rounds put through them to confirm function is a thing of the past. Some Brands are not considered Broken-In until they've had 500 rounds through them... Some Brands recommend 1000. If you think 200-300 rounds to check a pistol and allow metal-on-metal parts to mate properly is absurd... Oh well.

If the advise about getting a 2nd Carry pistol (back-up, or whatever you want to call it), or suggesting staying up an extra half Hr to call them bright and early, rather than having to wake up early JUST to try and catch them before closing, or writing that I feel guns (regardless of brand) do need some rounds put through them to confirm function is condescending... So sorry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rob- i was kidding about the employed by Keltec . Im not going to argue with ya anymore on here. Im done. :)

Im going to give my pf9 a 3rd and last chance. I really want to keep it. I hope it will work . Who knows until i run a few hundred thru it.

Oh, and its April 30th and I still dont have my slide back. (28 days)

If it miraculously shows up in the next 2 days I should be able to go test it this week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sent another 2 emails with no response--telling them to call me or leave a message--or even 1 email .

Today I got a generic email with no explanation--no "sorry about the wait " . Just that it shipped out today.

I dont see the great customer service people talk about--maybe its just me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had 2 pf9's. Had is the word . I spent about 1000 rds ,fluff and buff the price of two and the cost of mailing . Kel-Tec service is great .However they need a better product .If your life depends on the PF9 I would worry. Some here will say otherwise but you do not need a hobby of trying to make your KEL-Tec reliable .I spent over a grand on this product .I think I wasted lots of time and money . It is now out of my rotation . In my rotation I only use 100% reliable pistols. XDM 3.8 2000 rds no failures .S&W 642 500 rds no failures ,Ruger LCP 400 rds No failures.My former PF9's wouldnt shoot more than 50 rds witout a failure .Most of the time they would nopt shoot a whole mag without a failure .I guess I will be called a troll again good luck
Back again I see. If you don't like your pf9 and you have nothing valuable to add to help others, why do you keep saying goodbye only to return and post more crap?

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Sent another 2 emails with no response--telling them to call me or leave a message--or even 1 email .

Today I got a generic email with no explanation--no "sorry about the wait " . Just that it shipped out today.

I dont see the great customer service people talk about--maybe its just me.
I hate to say it, but I don't think they were replying to your email requests for updates.
I got the same email about my HC upgrade being shipped today via FedEx.
I sent it in on 4/06, they signed for it on the 9th and I got the email saying it was being returned today. [shrug]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Back again I see. If you don't like your pf9 and you have nothing valuable to add to help others, why do you keep saying goodbye only to return and post more crap?

posting crap ???????
Seems we are posting our factual experiences with this gun.

Also seems that some on here are so in love with the gun that they get all Butthurt when we post failure reports . I dont understand that. Dont you want real world information about failures --on a gun you carry to protect your LIFE ??

:confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hate to say it, but I don't think they were replying to your email requests for updates.
I got the same email about my HC upgrade being shipped today via FedEx.
I sent it in on 4/06, they signed for it on the 9th and I got the email saying it was being returned today. [shrug]

I agree rob--------Well , Im not happy with the customer service or turnaround time. How long does it take to replace the extractor / or spring ?? 1 month for mine.

Sure they might be swamped with repairs....but that raises the question...why so many guns in there getting fixed ?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
posting crap ???????
Seems we are posting our factual experiences with this gun.

Also seems that some on here are so in love with the gun that they get all Butthurt when we post failure reports . I dont understand that. Dont you want real world information about failures --on a gun you carry to protect your LIFE ??

:confused:
Read his post a little more closely. He is quoting PF9UNKJAY, not responding to you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts