Not 4 Life

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by marsh_maniac, Jun 26, 2008.

1. marsh_maniac

marsh_maniac New Member

May 25, 2008
    I did a proper FnB per the KTOG website and have shot about 300 rounds through it since i got it. Guess what happened?

yep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,another jam. I experienced a failure to fire AND a failure to extract within the same mag. I wouldn't trust my life with this gun.

I'm looking for something else.

later,
    mm

p.s.- don't let the homers fool ya. This gun is light and comfortable to carry, but is unlikely to perform when the SHTF.

2. Let me be the first to offer to buy it from you cheep........

Some P3AT's are great right out of the box.. Some are a pain in the "A".

I had to send mine in 3 times for it to work right.  It has never failed since then.

But you must understand the "nature" of these little bugs... How manny round did you put though it without cleaning it before the trouble? If more then 40 or 50.  That is most likly why. what ammo are you using? Same magaizine or deferant one...???

Again mine took 3 trips to fix and about 500 rounds though it.  Also I would not turst any weapon that had less then 300 to 500 rounds though it.

But please do not give it a fair chance.  Dump the peice of junk and sell it to me cheep.. I have the cash ready to go.

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Reading through all your posts its pretty clear that you and this weapon don't get along.  I also really don't see any desire on your part to seek assistance.  That we can help with.  

If you want to just rant or complain:  1-800-515-9983 and I am pretty sure Customer Service is number 3.  I hear they treat you better if you are really really nasty to them - it shows them how serious you are.   :-/

-Scott

4. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    where are you located...if close, i'll gladly take it off your hands and give it a good home....gpr

5. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    I can get a new P3AT here for just under $280 OTD, I'll offer you $280 less $15 S&H, less $20 FFL, less $0.50/shot and that comes too ... let's see ...

$95

6. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    i had many issues with a sig sauer that i own...it took a couple of months to work out the bugs...so don't let a price tag fool ya......

....one of the homers.....

7. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I'll see your $95 and offer $100 ;D Seriously though, my 4 1/2 year old 1st gen P3AT had been a champ out of the box until a recent range session when after several quickly shot mags the hammer block pin walked out.
    Once it's back from KT I will once again trust my life with it. It seems like guys either love them or hate them.

8. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    +1

9. mg0427

mg0427 New Member

Apr 15, 2008
    I have a pf9, a p3at, and a ruger sr9, which gun is recalled and I can't carry and shoot? It's not the Keltec that both shoot very well , but another manufacturer, ok whats the bid???
    Michael

10. ar15geek

ar15geek New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    The angriest gun I ever owned was a G23C that apparently had a "defective" (barrel) problems with Glocks are so few and far between that I had a tough time convincing Glock that I didn't just have a limp-wristed shooting style. I finally got a free replacement when I showed up at a GSSF event where a Glock rep was on hand passing out free gun rugs and takedown tools (a straight punch with a plastic handle attched, yeehaw!). I explained my situation and let him shoot it...he didn't even get through a full mag before taking my information. I had a new barrel in less than a week.

Moral of the story: with the Kel-Tec, there's going to be significant break-in and maintenance. If you come here before-hand and read up you'll at least know what to expect and whether a KT is even for you. With some other guns, odd issues can take considerable time and frustration to get corrected.

11. firemark167

firemark167 New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    I am sorry to hear about your problem. I would give it through cleaning and give it one more try (perhaps a different type of ammo).

12. Look, I called dibs on it first.

Look he stated it had under 500 rounds though it, but in other posts stated that he knew it had to go though at least 500 rounds to break in. He wants it to be like his Glock or AR. And he knows that you are not suposed to dry fire but has done so hundereds of times.

You want a Glock, buy a Glck. Same with the AR. You want to dry fire... But a gun that tells you you can dry fire.

But when you feel it is OK to dry fire hundereds of times, and it should be a Glock, but it's not.... Then sell it to me and buy a Ruger.... Then you can post about it not being a Glock, on the Ruger board.

13. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    I don't want to be a claim jumper so I reduce my bid by $50. I figure it's worth at least $45 in parts since it doesn't work worth a damn. :)

14. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I don't want to be a claim jumper so I reduce my bid by $50. I figure it's worth at least $45 in parts since it doesn't work worth a damn. :)[/quote]

Hey watch it now!! Your in my price range territory now ;D

15. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Dangit, don't want to **** sprinter off either, he does good work and I may need him some day.

Hmmm ... tell you what. I'll offer you $5 for your bottle opener.
    [​IMG]

16. Dangit, don't want to **** sprinter off either, he does good work and I may need him some day.

Hmmm ... tell you what. I'll offer you $5 for your bottle opener.
    [​IMG][/quote]

Gee I can't do that with my Glock...... :-/

17. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
    If the original poster had bothered to ask or research, he probably would have checked out his extractor bolt to see if it was tight or loose. A loose extractor bolts seems to be the number one problem for extractor problems. Checking the tension on the screw needs to be right up there in importance next to checking the oil in your car on a regular basis.

18. twyacht

twyacht New Member

May 19, 2008
  19. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Ssshhh, we're trying to get a deal here. ;) ::)

Besides, everybody knows that nothing ever goes wrong with a Sig or a H&K or any "real" gun (even some Glocks are real guns). ;D ;D