Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, dadgumit, I finally had a less than perfect outing with my PF-9.

I'm probably like thousands of other PF-9 users in that I had a perfect track record.

The first 250 rds or so, went down the pipe without a hitch.
Then yesterday I had a round nosedive in the mag. :(
The slide stayed open as it should when no round chambers.

I had to drop the mag, but in doing so the round popped up.
So I just put the mag back in & fired the remaining 5? rounds.

I guess I can't say mine is perfect any more, but that one incident is the only "aw shucks" outta this gun, so I can't complain too hard. :eek:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well, dadgumit, I finally had a less than perfect outing with my PF-9.

I'm probably like thousands of other PF-9 users in that I had a perfect track record.

The first 250 rds or so, went down the pipe without a hitch.
Then yesterday I had a round nosedive in the mag. :(
The slide stayed open as it should when no round chambers.

I had to drop the mag, but in doing so the round popped up.
So I just put the mag back in & fired the remaining 5? rounds.

I guess I can't say mine is perfect any more, but that one incident is the only "aw shucks" outta this gun, so I can't complain too hard. :eek:
There is a lot of owners who wish they could say that, me included. I wouldn't even really blame that one one the gun that might have just been a catch in the mag due to not seated properly,little crud in the mag, or the round could have been a tad longer, That one wouldn't bother me a bit.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
you might have a mag spring that is getting weak

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Maybe one round was a bit light on the powder charge, slide didn't cycle fully. Dirt, lack of lube, as long as it was just a one time thing, I wouldn't make too much of it.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
You may have been tired, or a bit sore after 250 rounds.
You may have limpwristed it a bit. It happens.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't fire 250 rds on one day.
That was just the total rd count thru the gun.
(over about 4 or 5 trips to the range)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
sometimes bad things happen. one is not bad. the other day i had a stove pipe in a glock. so see, bad things can happen. clean the gun, grease the gun, and break down the mags and clean them good on the insides.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a round nosedive in the mag.
I have had this several times, and I finally narrowed it down to the Hornady taper. All of the rounds from Hornady (shaped like the Critical Defense) seem to have this issue for me. It didn't happen with the Hornady TAP or with Speer, Federal, or bulk ammo. I also have 200 rounds of Hornady Steel Match left and 2 boxes of Zombies to burn through. Not sure I want to bother, because at this point I'm sticking with GoldDot for carry and any other round nose for range time.

Anyone else seeing this nonsense?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts