Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed Pop's trigger in my PF9, and I must say I am very impressed. I'm impressed with how easy it was to install, but even more so with the result. I have not been able to take it out the range yet, but dry firing with snap caps is much more comfortable. The pre-travel and post-travel are almost non-existent. The width of the trigger distributes the pressure over your finger better making the pull easier.

For those of you who are afraid of installing it yourself, don't be. I am notorious in our family for fiddling and not being able to reassemble, but this proved to be no issue. The PF9 has a simple and easy to assemble trigger mechanism.

Can't wait to get out to the range again!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was dry firing today for practice, and this is the only effin pistol that I jerk the gun a little. practicing from about 3 yards, the laser dot moved about .5 inches upper left!

I cant wait to get that done!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Texaspaul,
I am a fellow Texan and was wondering if you have a installation video. Or know where I can get one. I looked on Youtube, but couldn't find it. I have not purchased the trigger yet until I find out how difficult it is to replace. I can follow instructions from Northwood, but with many times before I don't like to get something and get stuck. I am more a visual person.
Thanks,

·
Registered
5,203 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Any time you take any firearm out of designed specifications you not only run the risk of catastrophic failure you also void all warranties expressed or implied and open yourself up to all kinds of legal problems if by chance you really have to use that gun to save your life.

Shooting holes in paper is one thing and posting nonsense on the internet is another. By changing parts you have created a bomb in your hand that sends projectiles at the speed of sound MACH 1....1,125 fps, 768 mph in 343m/s. Be careful the TOTAL responsibility is on YOU now!

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
By changing parts you have created a bomb in your hand that sends projectiles at the speed of sound MACH 1....1,125 fps, 768 mph in 343m/s. Be careful the TOTAL responsibility is on YOU now!
Baloney....changing the trigger creates a bomb??? The trigger made the gun more powerful? More likely to explode?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Any time you take any firearm out of designed specifications you not only run the risk of catastrophic failure you also void all warranties expressed or implied and open yourself up to all kinds of legal problems if by chance you really have to use that gun to save your life.

Shooting holes in paper is one thing and posting nonsense on the internet is another. By changing parts you have created a bomb in your hand that sends projectiles at the speed of sound MACH 1....1,125 fps, 768 mph in 343m/s. Be careful the TOTAL responsibility is on YOU now!
[sigh] :rolleyes:

No, this trigger installation does not void any warranties.
No, this trigger installation does not create any risk of catastrpohic failures.
No, this trigger installation does not open you up to legal problems.

Get real. There is a billion dollar industry out there supplying aftermarket parts and accessories for firearms.

Furthermore, the owner/operator of the firearm ALWAYS bears total responsibility for it. The vast majority of folks on this forum are ADULTS, who clearly understand that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
There are trigger kits (aftermarket) for many guns out there. Sure if you "modify" the firearm there is a slight chance of failure. About the same IMO as improper cleaning or maintenence. I have a S&W M&P 9mm and I can tell you there are a lot of folks on the S&W forum touting Apex trigger parts or Burwell pdf modifications to reduce trigger pull or reduce pretravel. I have the Northwood trigger and installing it I made no modifications to the frame sear or striker. I also have a 1911 with a 3# trigger. That one was done by a licensed gunsmith, but it is still a "modified" weapon.

In fact if you disassemble a 1911 and then reassemble it incorrectly, (not really that hard to do), it may go full auto. That is without making any modifications.

IMO the Northwood trigger is safe and increases the ease of firing the PF9 which can reduce your group sizes.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
... And if I remember correctly, Pops did contact and discuss his trigger idea with KT prior to going into production.
Just sayin' :)

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts