Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can attest to the effectiveness of Pops' trigger. The trigger makes the PF9 trigger experience far more comfortable as well as providing a smoother trigger pull. It is a well worth investment, especially for those who want to put more than a few rounds down range. Pops has a trigger for me in the mail now for my P11.

Pops is a professional from the set up of his website, to the outstanding installation instructions as well as his prompt replies to questions. He will assure a successful installation and a satisfied customer or he will refund the purchase price for the trigger.

My PF-9 is more comfortable to shoot than my "J" frame.

I hope Pops makes a trigger for the P3AT!

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Every one who has installed one of Pops aluminum triggers has, I think, been exceptionally pleased with the improvement it makes to the PF-9 (and now the P-11).

Jim R

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm not usually a "ME TOO" poster.. but in this case I have to make an exception.

I received the trigger kit yesterday in the mail, installed it last night in about 40 mins, and I can't wait to run to the range on Saturday. The instructions were clear, easy to understand, and very thorough. I'm pretty handy, but I'm no gunsmith so I'm glad that the instructions were very clear and used very understandable language.

I'm so happy with the way it feels just under the snap caps that I really think this is going to be a "game changer" for this gun!

Way To Go Pops, the Northwood trigger is a WINNER!

·
Registered
41 Posts
This trigger made a night and day difference on my Pf9 as well. It does not pinch my finger after every shot the way the original did. I hope Pops makes one for the P3at.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm glad to see some good ole American enginuity. Never tried Pops trigger but it seems to be working out great. Congrats Pops nice work

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm not usually a "ME TOO" poster.. but in this case I have to make an exception.

I received the trigger kit yesterday in the mail, installed it last night in about 40 mins, and I can't wait to run to the range on Saturday. The instructions were clear, easy to understand, and very thorough. I'm pretty handy, but I'm no gunsmith so I'm glad that the instructions were very clear and used very understandable language.

I'm so happy with the way it feels just under the snap caps that I really think this is going to be a "game changer" for this gun!

Way To Go Pops, the Northwood trigger is a WINNER!
Did you have to cut your old trigger out? I'm hesitant to start this project because the directions say that the new PF9's have a barbed trigger pin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed the POPS trigger after a little paint job. I have anewer PF9 and the barbed pin came out with just two firm taps of a hammer on the set pins.

Much nicer feel, you read all these threads about how the guns feels like a different gun, well it did. I am very pleased that I change it out.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Some trigger pins pop right out, sometimes you have to cut them. I have done several guns now and 2 out of 10 the trigger was destroyed. Also when you put the new trigger in sometimes you don't need to sand the barbs off the pin. I think some pins are just a tiny bit fatter than others from the factory.
Same with the grips. Most of the time the trigger drops right in. But on about 1/3 of the guns I had to remove a tiny amount of grip plastic in front of the trigger to get a positive trigger reset.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have two PF-9s and a P11, don't shoot the P11 much because I prefer the trigger on the PF9s. How does Pop's trigger change the feel of the P11??

·
Registered
139 Posts
While removing the old trigger and following Pops instructions....my pin came out alright...with the tigger included. I guess the barbed pin had pretty good hold on the trigger. What happened while tapping the old pin out the molding crease at the top of the trigger just popped and then just slipped over the trigger cam pin with the barbed pin still in it. Either way the old trigger is now unusable, but I've now got a nice sturdy and reliable trigger.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did you have to cut your old trigger out? I'm hesitant to start this project because the directions say that the new PF9's have a barbed trigger pin.
I was able to get the barbed trigger pin out with a little tapping. I used the supplied metal rod and a smaller ballpeen hammer. The trick is to support the trigger base so that the hammer force is pushing against solid matter and not against the trigger mount areas of the frame. With 2 solid taps the pin was out enough to grab it with some decent pliers and just work it out. Once that pin was out, the trigger and all of its parts literally FELL OUT on the couch.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm another well satisfied customer.
I too, had that trigger bite, and got to the point where I didn't want to fire my PF-9.

I came on this forum & asked what to do about it.
Someone ( or many someones ) recommended the Northwoods aluminum trigger.
Well, that trigger bite is gone!

+1 to what 4355398 said.
I was able to get the old trigger out without resorting to cutting, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've had to cut two out, but like someone else said, it's no big deal. The first one worried me a bit, so I ordered a new trigger from KT for $2.50 shipped, I think. Second one, I didn't even bother. Pop's trigger is good enough not to worry about it. Only reason to have a spare factory trigger is if your gun has to go back to KT for something else. I don't think I'd send one to them with a Pop's trigger on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My neighbor just installed it last week, and yes, he had to cut the trigger. He loves it though. I plan on getting one too. The first time I shot my PF9, I wound up with a blister on my finger from the constant pinching. OUCH! I have the screw-on shoe on it now, but the metal trigger seems to be the way to go.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ya'll are killing me! I just ordered TI conversion and now I'm feeling the need to get the Norwood trigger. Of course I'm considering another PF-9 just to keep the TI on. Just what i need another project!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts