Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked this little guy up the other day and got to go shoot it today. First off I love it, but I did have some issues. I had some jams, but I'm not to worried about that. What I am worried about is that after about 80-85 rounds the gun would not go fully iunto battery some of the time. Is it safe to say that the wear shown in the picture is the cause of this? Also should there be this much wear in the amount of rounds shot?
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad you have shown that picture as mine with a little over 100 rounds through it has the same wear spot on the rail and in the exact same spot.
Mine has yet to have a malfunction though.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
The wear shown does not look to be anything out of the ordinary, except perhaps that it may not have been lubed sufficiently, wearing the finish a bit more than necessary. To check for any real issues, remove the recoil spring and barrel, and then see if the slide still moves easily on the rails. Be sure to always use a good quality grease (not just oil) on the rails, hammer interface, and other wear points.

As for sticking after some 80 or so rounds, that may just have been the pistol getting dirty and gummed up. These little guns do not like to operate dirty, and powder residue, etc can gum up the works quickly.

Jim R

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
you need to grease the rails. these gun do not run well dirty. 80 rounds is just about the max before some problems show up because of a dirty gun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the responses. I'm really used to my Glock that doesn't need all that much lube at all to run well, so that is probably the problem there. I think that with being dirty is what was probably giving me the malfunctions. That kind of grease are ya'll using?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use CLP and generally run a semi-auto fairly wet.
So since that might not be good enough for my P32,which I also use on my LCP and Kahr PM9 without any issues,can someone please refer a grease to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've noticed the wear on my p32 as well, and mine's always lubed. And I agree, I've never seen a handgun wear so quickly. In the end, I bought mine to keep in my pocket for protection, not as a range gun, so I'm thinking it'll hold up.

I too noticed that my P32 started to wear a lot quicker than a Glock or other handgun. Oh well...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts