Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the witness hole in the mag for seven rounds;
The docs say it is a 7+1 gun;
I can only get 6 rounds in a standard magazine even using my UpLULA loader.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
I see the witness hole in the mag for seven rounds;
The docs say it is a 7+1 gun;
I can only get 6 rounds in a standard magazine even using my UpLULA loader.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
Is this your only PF9 magazine?

Take the mag apart and make sure the spring and follower are installed properly and there aren't any burrs, debris, or the like. Though rare, it has been known to happen that Mec Gar will install a magazine component backwards.

Lube it up, put it back together, try again.

If you had a second mag that was working to compare against, that would be helpful to you.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
27 Posts
This happened to me as well. The spring gets stuck on the outer edge of the follower. It should seat inside of the follower. If it does not only 6 rounds will fit. Both the mag that came with my gun and the extra mag I ordered were like this for me.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
You can also 'Exercise' the mag by ramrodding a pencil (eraser side on the follower) in and out of the mag. Many new mags are a bear to get the last round into until it's broken in (Yes... Even Glock & XD mags) :eek: :D
Ramrodding the mag could also break down any debris along the spring or mag wall.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought two PF-9's very recently. Both magazines would barely budge after the 6th round was inserted. One spring I can't say for sure was in backwards, as I had been playing with the finger guard on it, but the other was untouched from the factory and it wouldn't accept the seventh round. While both of the followers are plastic, one magazine has a steel bottom spring plate, while the other spring plate is plastic. With plastic being the rule instead of the exception these days, I'd guess the plastic one is the latest version.

·
Registered
66 Posts
RobzKT said:
You can also 'Exercise' the mag by ramrodding a pencil (eraser side on the follower) in and out of the mag. Many new mags are a bear to get the last round into until it's broken in (Yes... Even Glock & XD mags) :eek: :D
Ramrodding the mag could also break down any debris along the spring or mag wall.
That's what I did. Being familiar with"breaking in" new mags, I broke in my pf9 half way with 6rds in the mag. Then put the 7th in. saves your fingers too. ;-)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's magic!

Well, I disassembled the mag and reassembled it, now the seventh round fits. I don't think I reversed the spring. Everything looked clean so I put it back together being careful that the spring fit in the follower correctly.

Easy Day!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well, I disassembled the mag and reassembled it, now the seventh round fits. I don't think I reversed the spring. Everything looked clean so I put it back together being careful that the spring fit in the follower correctly.

Easy Day!
Had the same problem with my original mag. My spring had a kink in it. Worked after I put it back together. Spare mag took all 7 from day 1.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Just take the clip apart and put it back together. I had this exact same issue and cleared it right up. Hope this helps.
Just messin' with ya... But I sometimes I just can't resist... :D
The PF-9 don't accommodate 'Clips'.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Just messin' with ya... But sometimes I just can't resist...;)

ALSO....
Yup... Stripper Clips are used to load Magazines and are not interchangeable (as written in the pic's caption). :D
Have a good one!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts