Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at USS Wasp out the window along with three tallships and 5 other modern warships. Blue Angles just made their entrance with a river front diamond flyby. Two shows this weekend if weather holds.

Hat tip from this DAT (dumb azz tanker) to the squids who are dumb enough to go to war in floating boxes of death. Granddad was one of ya during WWII. later taught at Mass maritime academy.

·
Grand Poobah
2,252 Posts
The Blue Angles will be in VA Beach for a show at the ocean front, June 1,2,3, 2012
I still remember a flyover my house around 1974 by a group of F-14's. there was the wow factor.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Blue Angles will be in VA Beach this weekend for a show at the ocean front.
I still remember a flyover my house around 1974 by a group of F-14's. there was the wow factor.
While the Blue Angles are capable of awesome things , they can't be at two places at one time. Thus weekend is the Nola show. June1,2,3 is VA beach. ;)

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Little Rock AFB is about 100 miles from us in direct line. Blytheville AFB was about 50 miles from us. We went through the sonic boom period when they were flying supersonic low level planes. I grew up on a hill cotton farm. The WOW factor was being in the field and a jet bomber would come over just above the trees. I don't remember what they were flying in the late '50s, but they were fast and made a boom.

Life is short, be happy
Jack

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
F22 just flew by and landed at the NAS.
Cool aircraft.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm envious of your "window seat".

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was pissed that the Brits and Canadians were shuffled way off, too far for most to walk, and no parking near the ships. Very few visitors to HMS Montrose, and HMCS St. Johns.

USS Wasp is way cool, as are all 3 tall ships. Funny, both the USCG Eagle and the Indonesian ship were both built in Germany. Eagle was the 1936 Nazi "Horst Wessel", and the Indonesian ship was built in 1953 in Hamburg.

If you're near New Orleans next year, don't miss this.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that was an odd place to put those two ships.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Blue Angles- stormy and windy in NOLA this weekend. Safety first.

NO excuse not to do half of the honey do list.:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts