Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm having an issue with my PMR30 failing to extract the spent casing from the chamber. Thus resulting in an attempted double feed and sometimes requiring the pistol be broke down and using a punch to remove the spent casing from the chamber.
Anyway, I emailed KelTec and got a response wanting me to ship it to them, but on my dime? Is this normal? Any other company I've had to have do warranty work always sent a prepaid shipping label for me to send in the weapon or defective part. Just want to see if this is how they operate or if I need to make a phone call and talk to a particular person? Thanks for any input guys

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Ever read the owners manual you got with your pistol?

Should your firearm require adjustment, or repair, it should be returned unloaded to the
factory. Always remove any non-factory accessories including scopes and muzzle devices
before sending in for repairs. Kel-Tec CNC IND INC cannot be held responsible for lost or
damaged accessories sent in with the firearm. In shipping the firearm, be sure to adhere to
the following rules:
Individuals who wish to return the firearm for service can do so by shipping via UPS
prepaid
. No return authorization number is required.
Include a letter of instruction, full name, address, phone number, email, and the
gun’s serial number. Retain a copy of the serial number for your records to use in tracking
your repair. This will insure prompt service and handling once your firearm has been
received. You will receive a quotation for anything other than warranty work. You will be
notified of full charges and no work will commence before receiving your approval of our
quotation if non-warranty work is necessary. Please see the warranty page at the end of
this manual or contact Kel-Tec directly for more details. All quotations are payable by
C.O.D., VISA, M.C. or money orders only. No personal checks accepted.

Warranty claims (in writing) and the gun concerned should be delivered (transportation
charges pre-paid) to
:
Kel-Tec CNC, Inc
Service Department
1475 Cox Road
Cocoa, FL 32926.
No return authorization number is required. In addition, a copy of a bill of sale in the
owner’s name, or a copy of ATF Form 4473, indicating date of purchase must be included.
In order to expedite service, warranty claims should state the model and serial number of
the gun concerned and a description of the difficulty experienced. It is recommended that
shipments be insured by the owner, since Kel-Tec will accept no responsibility for loss or
damage in transit.
Transportation and insurance charges for return to owner will be paid by Kel-Tec if the
claim is covered by the warranty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a matter of fact I have . . . Anyway, Erica contacted me back and said that since my PMR was less than 3 months old she would send a prepaid shipping tag. Funny that little tidbit wasn't mentioned in the "owners manual"! Hense my irritation at the initial response that I received about having to ship on my dime. I was trying to see if anybody else had similar experiences with their customer service, but thanks for the insight on the owners manual :confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep, that's the way they operate.
I have an early model that needs all the safety mods to prevent a possible failure that could injure me or an innocent bystander.

Kel-Tec says they'll upgrade it if I ship it back to 'em.
I am unwilling to spend another 80 bucks on this gun to have it made right.

Taurus, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Thompson Center all pick up the shipping costs to fix factory problems under warranty.

Too bad for Kel-Tec. I'm out a few hundred bucks ... they're out thousands. I'll not buy another and no member of my family will buy one ... ever; and hopefully no one in my close circle of friends will purchase a Kel-Tec product.

·
Registered
149 Posts

Taurus, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Thompson Center all pick up the shipping costs to fix factory problems under warranty.

Too bad for Kel-Tec. I'm out a few hundred bucks ....
I watch vid after vid on youtube that complain about a lot more than the shipping that wasn't paid for by the above manufacturers. But good luck with your new choice of firearms maker.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Yep, that's the way they operate.
I have an early model that needs all the safety mods to prevent a possible failure that could injure me or an innocent bystander.

Kel-Tec says they'll upgrade it if I ship it back to 'em.

Too bad for Kel-Tec. I'm out a few hundred bucks ... they're out thousands. I'll not buy another and no member of my family will buy one ... ever; and hopefully no one in my close circle of friends will purchase a Kel-Tec product.
I have no "dog" in this fight so to speak. But it sounds like you're dead set. Complain five more times here and you can take it down yonder and see if you can break even. If yours is a warranty prob, then yes KT should foot the postage, but you'll only know for sure if it's sent in. BTW, are you willing to pass-on a gun that's not up to par over a shipping fee, that could "injure an innocent bystander"? Glad you have a close-knit family :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
as well, your local shop you bought it from can send it back for you, and they can re reimbursed for up to $35-45?

it should not cost $80 to send the gun back.

i think mine cost about $9+insurance, fit in a flat rate box, and was good to go.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Use your gun store. If they won't do it free for selling it to you, they can at least do it cheaper than you can. If you call and gripe they may even send you a RMA or whatever. UPS isnt very friendly about it, they do not really want to ship guns and it shows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts