No One Is Buying 380 Ammo

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by 224lps, May 25, 2009.

1. O.K. I have been reading about how there is no ammo out there at all.  And in my own case, I know I can’t find any 7.63 at a “good price”.  So I decide to take a hard look at my ammo supply and see what I had and what I did and did not need and maybe come up with some extra dollars to help with the fun budget.

Along with some other ammo I put a box of Federal Premium .380 personal defense  ammunition Jacketed hollow point up on Gun Broker.   I had 3 boxes and I figured I could spare one.  I started the price at just under $20.00 buyer pays shipping.

No one bought it?

I don’t get it.

This was the fist time I have used Gun Broker.  Also none of my other listings sold.  Is no one buying ammo.  I had everything under hand gun ammo.

My now expired listings:
    Best 22 Personal Defense Ammo! AGUILA .22LR SSS  
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129877604

The Original Quik-Shok 22 LR by MPB  
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129878080

Federal Premium Personal Defense Ammunition 380  
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129893606

PMC Eldorado Starfire 45 ACP 45ACP  
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129895481

On the Quik Shok another guy was selling a 500 brick for $79.00 and there is an active listing for $59.00…

I’m totally open to your thoughts, and suggestions good, bad and ugly  ;D.  I was going to also put up a box of PMC gold .380 50 round, but now I don’t know.  I’m not looking to make a killing on this stuff, but I would like to get something more then what I paid, and with the exception of the Quick Shok I was for the most part starting at my cost.

I was thinking of also adding in a box from my .357 and .44 mag.

The idea was to give up a little spare ammo, get a little more then I was into it for and come up with a summer fun fund for the nieces...  I don't get it :-X

2. JB-Norcal

JB-Norcal New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    I got all I need for now. I was dollar cost averaging the last year and a half, stopped buying about 6 months ago. I'm gonna sit tight and wait for supply to exceed demand until I start buying again. Heck I've got rounds for calibers I don't even own  :-?. Now I'm trying to buy some skills for my teenagers to better aid the family. The way I figure, if we get national healthcare, we'll need a trained person in the family to supplement the possible fiasco in the system.
    I'm surprised someone didn't bite your sale items, you might want to post it locally in your region if you need to sell.
    Good luck.

3. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610 New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    I went through the same issue :) Turns out it was my NR rating. Buy a few items get a little feedback and then you should sell just about anything.

Good luck.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    As evidenced by some posts here and elsewhere, ammo is starting to show up at the normal places for normal prices, with regional exceptions.  I think a lot of folks have figured out that pretty soon the shortage will be over as manufactures are catching up with the panic-driven demand.  I think you are a bit late.  Two weeks back, it probably would have sold.  Turn out the lights, the party's over...   :)

5. I have to say the guy who is asking over $70.00 for a brick of 22 LR made me think [smiley=shocked.gif]

6. Texas_Red

Texas_Red New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Well, the thing that occurs to me is that one day auctions are just way too brief. Your prices looked decent. But a one day auction is up and gone before many prospective buyers can see it.

7. wcgoble

wcgoble Banned

Oct 23, 2007
    Well... John at Gunsport Ltd. here in Odessolate has boxes and boxes Fiocchi on the shelf.
    And he is only asking $49.95 per box of 50rds!
    And THAT'S why I'm not buying .380 ammo!

8. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    That's ridiculous. I'll just wait for a while. They're bound to come down in price.

9. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    That's ridiculous. I'll just wait for a while. They're bound to come down in price.  
    [/quote]
    +1 The KC Cabela's got in 60 boxes of Magtech .380 last week. It didn't last long but it sold for $18.99 a box of 50.

10. P-Denny

P-Denny Member

Nov 15, 2005
    I've not been comfortable shooting Santa Barbara through my P3AT so 1-1/2 weeks ago put most of what I had left (600 rounds) on gunbroker.com. Although I'd not done business there before, several fellows bid on it and it went for a little over $356, which calculates to almost sixty cents per round.

11. twistdpair

twistdpair New Member

May 12, 2009
    Can't wait for this B.S. to be over. I just want to be able to go into Wally World and grab a WWB 100-round Value Pack for $18 again whenever I feel like it.

Apparently, the people who are at the grocery store with 2 carts of bottled water before it snows are all shooters, too.

Hopefully, soon everyone will realize they overreacted and start flooding gunbroker with cheap 1000-round lots ;)

12. I thank you all for your responces.  I have found out how to sell on gun broker .  You have to play games.  Forget being stright up with an opening pice of what you want for it.

To get bids, you have to start at 00 cents and put a recerve price on it of what you would have stright up sould it for.  You will then most of the time not only get bids on it, but get more for it then it you just started with an asaking price of what you would have sold it for?????

[edit] Edited to remove a personal sale posted outside of the Trading Post - against forum rules.[/edit]

13. Runcible

Runcible New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    It's obviously a bubble. And when bubbles collapse, prices usually over-correct for a time. So I'm waiting to actually get .380 at extra-cheap prices.

14. And 45, 7.63, and so on..... Along with some good gun buys on over stocked dealers when those back orders come in and don't go out.

15. p3atnewb

p3atnewb New Member

May 25, 2009

what's 7.63?

16. It's a typo for 7.62X39 .... But I can shoot better then I can type. Then again, there is no shortadge of computers, printers keyboards, paper, ink, .... yet...

17. p3atnewb

p3atnewb New Member

May 25, 2009
    figured so... but at the same time i have seen 7.63 equated to .30 mauser...