Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, new to the site, hope this is in the right spot. I just bought a used pf9. I also purchased a 95% complete PF9 that is only missing it's 'frame'. I'd like to find a 'frame' for it. I see Numrich has them LISTED as part#410 but they are out of stock. Kel Tec won't sell me the 'frame' (which I understand) so I was hoping to find another. Any ideas? I know that it needs to go thru an FFL (which is no problem for me). Any ideas?
Kel-Tec_PF9_schem.jpg

·
Registered
8,727 Posts
Gunbroker & the other auction sites would be my recommendation. Good luck & welcome to KTOG.

·
Administrator
32,132 Posts
Yea, since part 410 is legally "the gun" I would not say that a gun with no frame is 95% complete. I have never seen just part 410 for sale. What you have are spare parts for the used PF9 you bought. You might get lucky and find a non-functional "parts gun" with a frame but of course it will require FFL participation. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Kel-Tec Forum mobile app

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, since part 410 is legally "the gun" I would not say that a gun with no frame is 95% complete. I have never seen just part 410 for sale. What you have are spare parts for the used PF9 you bought. You might get lucky and find a non-functional "parts gun" with a frame but of course it will require FFL participation. Good luck.

The #410 part IS available for purchase thru Numrich when it is in stock, so I assume it MUST become available now and then... and what SHOULD I call this 'partial' gun if not 95%? What do you suggest?

·
Registered
8,727 Posts
Numrich may list it as "out of stock" because that is the default when they have none & somebody forgot to put in the "factory part only" tag (if they do that).

What do you call it? A complete set of spare parts for a KelTec PF9 minus the serialized frame.

I saw a Harley like that at a swap meet once. Every thing except the frame & right engine case (the parts with the VIN). Rest of the engine was sitting in a puddle of oil.

:unsure: :cautious::whistle:

·
Administrator
32,132 Posts
The #410 part IS available for purchase thru Numrich when it is in stock, so I assume it MUST become available now and then... and what SHOULD I call this 'partial' gun if not 95%? What do you suggest?
I seriously doubt KT sells part 410 to anyone. Again, legally, that is the serialed part that constitutes the gun. When their service dept replaces the frame on a gun, they put your old serial number on it, with a suffix. KT sells every other part of the gun and since the frame has a part number, it will show on a parts breakdown at Numrich or other suppliers, but it will always be listed as out of stock, unless they get a used one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I seriously doubt KT sells part 410 to anyone. Again, legally, that is the serialed part that constitutes the gun. When their service dept replaces the frame on a gun, they put your old serial number on it, with a suffix. KT sells every other part of the gun and since the frame has a part number, it will show on a parts breakdown at Numrich or other suppliers, but it will always be listed as out of stock, unless they get a used one.

Well, guess I can stop looking then. Over the years I've bought receivers (serial numbered 'frame') for many OTHER makes, but I had no idea that these Kel Tecs were impossible to find that part for. Dang.

·
Administrator
32,132 Posts
Not necessarily impossible. You may find a used one, eventually. Most likely place would probably be gun broker etc, where you might find the gun with some busted major part like the barrel or slide. You just won`t likely find a frame NIB.

Reactions: RAT76

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not necessarily impossible. You may find a used one, eventually. Most likely place would probably be gun broker etc, where you might find the gun with some busted major part like the barrel or slide. You just won`t likely find a frame NIB.

Kind of funny - I"ve actually seen TWO similar frames for sale over the last 5 years or so, one on GunBroker (a P-11 "clone" frame) and the other (a real P-11, or maybe P3AT?) on ebay, of all places. In both cases, the same auction had other parts from the same guns, but NOT the grip frames. Neither of the metal, serial numbered frames looked "demilled", so I assumed each of the owners figured the plastic grip frame was the serial numbered part. Prices were dirt cheap, so it was tempting to bid - but you never know when situations like that are just ignorant sellers, or maybe fraudsters, ATF stings, whatever. Nobody needs legal difficulties...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, new to the site, hope this is in the right spot. I just bought a used pf9. I also purchased a 95% complete PF9 that is only missing it's 'frame'. I'd like to find a 'frame' for it. I see Numrich has them LISTED as part#410 but they are out of stock. Kel Tec won't sell me the 'frame' (which I understand) so I was hoping to find another. Any ideas? I know that it needs to go thru an FFL (which is no problem for me). Any ideas? View attachment 55715
I encourage you to gotothe Keltec website, click parts and buy what you need. Easy. See:PF9 - KelTec

·
Registered
8,727 Posts
Good link, it's got everything ... except the part the OP needs.

Reactions: Brawny

·
Registered
100 Posts
Many people refer to the main part of a modern pistol with polymer grip frame as the 'chassis'. I like the KTs because they are forged aluminum where most of the others are sheet metal. Anyway, the chassis IS the gun and bears the serial number. I've never seen a pistol chassis for sale. Every other part of the gun is just a part, but the chassis is the gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts