Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Nitesiters for p-3at

1K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  kbizzle 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I put them on my 3AT, and my wife's pt 22, they all came off after a week. I VERY carefully followed the directions, hair dryer etc. pitched the remainder of the pkg. chalked it up to experience. Ended up using enamal paint, and it works fine and has been on for months. Primary sight on the 3AT is a CT laser, but if it is very bright out, and the laser don't show, then the white rear sight, and the orange front site works just fine. Also painted my wife's pt 22. Good Luck, Jim <><

#6 ·
i just posted about nitesiters in this thread (http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1227994782) and provided a blurry image of my nitesiter install.  i highly recommend them as they greatly improve the sight picture in daylight / lighted situations.  i don't think they're a substitute for tritium in terms of night sights though.  they're only $10 and the install is much easier than paint.  i fully admit that i'm a bad painter.  

if you have trouble with the adhesive, you can add a tiny amount of superglue with a toothpick for a rather permanent bond.  

good luck!

#7 ·
sr9shooter said:
http://www.nitesiters.com/?gclid=CPrOo8TuopcCFQS7sgodYGa0_g

Has anyone used this product?  If so what are the pros and cons? I am looking to remain low profile only with higher visibility.
pros - cheap, easy to install, keeps the low profile

cons - not tritium so they need to be "charged" with a light source so you can't simply put the gun in the lock box and expect the nights to be illuminated if you have to pull it out in the middle of the night. Personally, when I tried them they popped off when I fired the gun at the range so I ultimately got some tritium (not very low profile) nights from tooltech.com.

#8 ·
kbizzle said:
i just posted about nitesiters in this thread (http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1227994782) and provided a blurry image of my nitesiter install.  i highly recommend them as they greatly improve the sight picture in daylight / lighted situations.  i don't think they're a substitute for tritium in terms of night sights though.  they're only $10 and the install is much easier than paint.  i fully admit that i'm a bad painter.  

if you have trouble with the adhesive, you can add a tiny amount of superglue with a toothpick for a rather permanent bond.  

good luck!
Thanks!! I noticed in your pic that you just placed it on the front site. Did you have to trim the dot to get it to fit right. Also did you try one on the back?

#9 ·
sr9shooter said:
Thanks!! I noticed in your pic that you just placed it on the front site. Did you have to trim the dot to get it to fit right. Also did you try one on the back?
I didn't trim the dot.  I assume it's possible to trim the dot (although it is small).  I just placed it at the crease of the top of the slide and the "blade" of the front sight.  it kind of folded there when i pressed it and positioned it into place.  It's been there for over a month.  If it does finally fall off, I'm going to superglue it.  It really helps me pick up the front site while presenting the gun to the target.

I did initially test out placing a dot on the rear sight to form a sort of Heine Straight 8's sight picture (like on my XD).  It looked just like the pic on the nitesiters website.  It was fine but I don't think it helped much.  I decided to keep it simple and focus solely on a fix for the front sight.

They are very easy to install and work really well for me.

#10 ·
I wouldn't recommend these for a concealed weapon. If you open carry and the sights can charge from the sunlight then they may glow for awhile and help during a dusk encounter. "Charging" the sights with a flashlight or UV light will get them to glow for 5 or 10 minutes but really isn't practical.

Not to mention, I followed the directions and neither the front or rear would stay attached. Adhesive is not rocket science so I feel this is inexcusable. I installed a few from the kit on a glock because it may actually see daylight. The rest are going in the trash.

Save your money for a laser or just use some paint.

#12 ·
i guess they don't work for everyone BUT i've had a single dot on the front sight of my P3AT for 2 1/2 months now and i carry it daily.  i get a faster acquisition on the front sight and a more accurate sight picture.  like i said before, i don't use them as night sights, rather they work well to highlight the front sight.  it works much better than paint for me.

combined with my CT laser, i have more confidence as to where my rounds are going to hit.  

#17 ·
ebk637 said:
I had them on a few guns and they fell of after a week or two.
yes,i prepared surfaces correctly.clever but not real effective.IMHO
Same here ! They seem to be working on my Witness, but they are recess. Yes they work if you come in from outdoors" for about 10 min".
I'll go back to paint when they come off. Has anyone used Glow-In-The Dark Sight Paint Cabela's sells??

#18 ·
i guess i'm one of the few that has had success with the nitesiter's dot.  it's too bad that they don't adhere well for everyone.  if i ever have any probs with the adhesive (i haven't so far), i'm going to add a small drop of superglue with a toothpick for a stronger bond.  the nitesiter's dot really improves the front sight BUT they definitely don't work as night sights for me.  who's going to charge their dot before they go out?  IMHO, a CT laser or armalaser is your best bet for low light sights on these guns.

i tried glow in the dark sight paint (bright sights paint) and was pretty disappointed with the results.  i couldn't get the paint to stay on... but that was probably for the best as my paint job attempts looked awful anyway  ;)

good luck,

kb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.