Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new blued P32 ser#CMM14. I would like to get the slide and the assembly pin nickel plated. I have not been to the range as yet, and also have not done a F&B. I am taking my CCP course Saturday Nov 15th. At that time I will be using my Sig 232 for qualification. Is it recommended that the KT P32 be fired prior to the nickel plating be done. I am going to have Jack do the plating, do I have to email him prior to sending the parts to him, or just send them in with a list and what I want done, along with a check of course. What is the normal procedure? I emailed him awhile ago but did not receive any answer. I realize he is a busy person and that is why I am asking the forum all these crazy questions---Thanks

Philkreu5050

·
Administrator
32,112 Posts
I would get a couple hundred or so rounds through any gun before having it plated. You want to make sure that it works well. P32s are generally very good right out of the box but there can always be exceptions. Break it in first, then have it plated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did not get a reply either- but I do not know if the email address for Jack Fuselier's plating service is still valid.

There is someone still there however... I know this since the website is still being updated in an excellent manner. So I sent in my wife's P-32 slide to be plated two weeks ago- and will let you know what it looks like.

I have read much of what Jack has written on Golden Loki- he is top notch from what I have seen and read elsewhere -

Cal

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cal, I am looking forward to hearing the results, I intend to send my P-32 in as soon as I get back to work

Phil

·
Registered
289 Posts
My P32 is at Jacks right now, in fact I'll check the PO today to see if it is finished. If you have his website, it says exactly what to do and how to send your slide to him, I sent my slide intact, which is how he said he liked to get them, used the PO priority box, like he said, but sent a 5.00 bill, because of the change in stamp costs, pending when I mailed mine. He even had [highlight]that[/highlight] request on the (how to) send for plating. Jim <><

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yep it came in, less than 2 weeks, beautiful job, and he painted the sights. I now plan on doing the same with my 3AT. Nothing wrong with my blued slide but I really like the plated one, and I believe it looks great.... Jim  <><

·
Registered
32 Posts
diamond_jim said:
Yep it came in, less than 2 weeks, beautiful job, and he painted the sights. I now plan on doing the same with my 3AT. Nothing wrong with my blued slide but I really like the plated one, and I believe it looks great.... Jim  <><

Very Very nice. How much did that set u back?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts