Nickel Plating

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by philkreu5050, Nov 7, 2008.

1. philkreu5050

philkreu5050 New Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I recently purchased a new blued P32 ser#CMM14. I would like to get the slide and the assembly pin nickel plated. I have not been to the range as yet, and also have not done a F&B. I am taking my CCP course Saturday Nov 15th. At that time I will be using my Sig 232 for qualification. Is it recommended that the KT P32 be fired prior to the nickel plating be done. I am going to have Jack do the plating, do I have to email him prior to sending the parts to him, or just send them in with a list and what I want done, along with a check of course. What is the normal procedure? I emailed him awhile ago but did not receive any answer. I realize he is a busy person and that is why I am asking the forum all these crazy questions---Thanks

Philkreu5050

2. philkreu5050

philkreu5050 New Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I understand what is on the web site, but can somebody answer the questions that I have posted.
    Thank you  

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I would get a couple hundred or so rounds through any gun before having it plated. You want to make sure that it works well. P32s are generally very good right out of the box but there can always be exceptions. Break it in first, then have it plated.

4. Cal1700

Cal1700 New Member

Jan 24, 2009
    I did not get a reply either- but I do not know if the email address for Jack Fuselier's plating service is still valid.

There is someone still there however... I know this since the website is still being updated in an excellent manner. So I sent in my wife's P-32 slide to be plated two weeks ago- and will let you know what it looks like.

I have read much of what Jack has written on Golden Loki- he is top notch from what I have seen and read elsewhere -

Cal

5. philkreu5050

philkreu5050 New Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Thanks Cal, I am looking forward to hearing the results, I intend to send my P-32 in as soon as I get back to work

Phil

6. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    My P32 is at Jacks right now, in fact I'll check the PO today to see if it is finished. If you have his website, it says exactly what to do and how to send your slide to him, I sent my slide intact, which is how he said he liked to get them, used the PO priority box, like he said, but sent a 5.00 bill, because of the change in stamp costs, pending when I mailed mine. He even had [highlight]that[/highlight] request on the (how to) send for plating. Jim <><

7. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Yep it came in, less than 2 weeks, beautiful job, and he painted the sights. I now plan on doing the same with my 3AT. Nothing wrong with my blued slide but I really like the plated one, and I believe it looks great.... Jim  <><

[​IMG]

8. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    That's one nice lookin' P32. I'm wanting to get my P3AT done by Jack at some point when funds are available. Maybe this Fall.

9. diggs1870

diggs1870 New Member

May 24, 2007
    Very Very nice. How much did that set u back?

10. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    30.00 plus 5.00 for return shipping, my 3AT slide is there now, and could be home in a couple days. Jim <><

11. diggs1870

diggs1870 New Member

May 24, 2007

How do I get a hold of him? Thats an awsome price!

12. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
  13. supervirgil

supervirgil New Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Wow i just found this forum, and i must say that nickel looks awesome. i will definitely be doing that as as soon as i get my p3at.

14. KaiserSosa

KaiserSosa New Member

Jul 12, 2009
    +1...I believe he'll be getting my business as well.

15. dirksterg30

dirksterg30 New Member

Apr 24, 2008
    Jack does some nice work. I had him plate my P3AT and the mag tubes as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]