Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those that are knowlegable about the P-3AT please.
Recently I did a rampectomy on my gun trying to get rid of smiley`s.
After a trip to the range I saw that the smiley`s were not gone completely so, I removed a little more metal from the feed ramp and polished to a mirror finish.
A few minutes ago I was examining my gun at my work bench with plans for another trip to the range tomorrow.
I loaded my mag and was cycling rounds by hand and happened to notice that friction from the top round being moved forward by the slide into the chamber was moving the next round in the mag forward 3/32".
I then removed the mag and loaded six rounds into it then slid the top rounds out of the mag with my fingernail.
Every time, the next round below the top round moved forward some. The forward movement would usually be in the 1/16 to 3/32 range.
Question: Could this contribute to smiley`s, and if so, what is the cure?.
Any ideas or opinions will be appreciated.
Thanks Ice

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Txcajun.
I have read the article you posted a link to twice. It is very informative.
I think I have a fair understanding about the cycling, barrel tilt, and recoil effects.
My question has to do mainly with the magazine.
When you have a magazine in hand, loaded with say five rounds, and you scrape the top round out, it moves the next round below it forward putting it in jepardy.
There is no recoil involved here.
I was wondering if there was a simple way to keep the "next" round in the magazine from moving forward.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
My understanding is that it is snapped forward by the enertia of shooting which is a contributing factor to smilies. So, I guess my answer to your question is no. :-/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.