Newbie with a question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Johnny_Reb, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Johnny_Reb

Johnny_Reb New Member

Oct 27, 2007
     Hello to everyone.  I've been lurking for a few days.  I found this site while researching the P3AT.  I've had my CC permit for a while, but I've only carried in the car, never on me.  I decided the permit was no good if I didn't use it,  but I really didn't have a good carry gun.  Anyway, I decided on the P3AT.  I went to my local gun shop yesterday to get him to order me one, he said it would be a while, his distributor doesn't have any!  Here's my question.  Where do all the different colors come from?  All the Kel Tec website shows is blued, parkerized, and HC.  That's all the dealer's book showed.  When I looked on gunbroker.com, I saw grey, green, black, etc.  How come these aren't listed on the website or in the book my dealer has?    
     I've already found this site to be very useful, and I'm sure once I get my gun I'll have plenty more questions,  that will recieve excellent asnwers.

Scott

2. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Some of these are 1st generation guns no longer made , some are special ordered by wholesalers in limited quantities. Some are custom colors (like Gun Kote ect...) put on by owners or professional refinishing shops .

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    The "blued, parkerized, and HC" are the different slide finishes offered by Kel-TEc. The "grey, green, black, etc." are the different grip color options.