Newbie needs your help

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Fat_Rat, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Fat_Rat

Fat_Rat New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Hello guys!  I am new to Keltec and to this forum, and I need your help.  Just before Christmas I purchased a P3AT for CC.  Due to a temporary physical disability I am unable to fire any of my other CC weapons (.45acp) for a few months.  The little 380 is just what I need.  The first trip to the range was very disappointing.  Many extraction and ejection problems, and even a possible firing pin problem because there were numerous failure to fires, no marks on the primer at all.  Anyway I talked to a gentleman at KT and he told me to send it directly to him, which I did.  Surprisingly I got it back in a week thinking things would be good. Wrong.  I stiill had a serious problem with numerous extraction issues.  I contacted him back and he sent me a new extractor assembly.  This was just before they closed for Christmas.  After installing the new extractor I still had the same problem,and like before I was using various brands of ammo like they suggested.  Since they have returned from the holidays I have sent several emails with no response.  For my purpose this weapon is totally unreliable for my CC use.

The help that I am requesting is do any of you have a good customer service experience with any particular individual that works at keltec?The gentleman I worked with at first did a good job on trying to help, was polite, and fast service, but now it is discouraging to still have a weapon that I cannot use and not be able to receive a reply about what to do next.  I would really appreciate any information or suggestions you may be able to give me. I really like this pistol and want to get it working right!  Thanks in advance!

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    has any one else shot it ?

3. bonjorno2

bonjorno2 New Member

May 31, 2010
    Yeah ^^^ they aren't easy to shoot for some.... might be something your doing. If not I know they are back logged so it might take awhile to respond? Where do you live?

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    It is very possible to limpwrist this ultra-light pistol which can result in what you are describing.  This is why someone asked if anyone else has shot the pistol.  See this thread:
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1206210540

Rule this out before further action.

5. Fat_Rat

Fat_Rat New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    The range owner, who has owned one for years and carries one as a backup duty piece shot it and said there is a definite problem somewhere. I even fired 3 mags through his without a flaw, went back to mine and the second round would not extract. I cannot go through a single mag without at least one fail to extract. I appreciate the info but there is a mechanical problem and not operator error. Even KT admitted that extraction problems will not be caused from limp wristing Any customer service contact names you can suggest.

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Check your messages.