Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!  I am new to Keltec and to this forum, and I need your help.  Just before Christmas I purchased a P3AT for CC.  Due to a temporary physical disability I am unable to fire any of my other CC weapons (.45acp) for a few months.  The little 380 is just what I need.  The first trip to the range was very disappointing.  Many extraction and ejection problems, and even a possible firing pin problem because there were numerous failure to fires, no marks on the primer at all.  Anyway I talked to a gentleman at KT and he told me to send it directly to him, which I did.  Surprisingly I got it back in a week thinking things would be good. Wrong.  I stiill had a serious problem with numerous extraction issues.  I contacted him back and he sent me a new extractor assembly.  This was just before they closed for Christmas.  After installing the new extractor I still had the same problem,and like before I was using various brands of ammo like they suggested.  Since they have returned from the holidays I have sent several emails with no response.  For my purpose this weapon is totally unreliable for my CC use.

The help that I am requesting is do any of you have a good customer service experience with any particular individual that works at keltec?The gentleman I worked with at first did a good job on trying to help, was polite, and fast service, but now it is discouraging to still have a weapon that I cannot use and not be able to receive a reply about what to do next.  I would really appreciate any information or suggestions you may be able to give me. I really like this pistol and want to get it working right!  Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
has any one else shot it ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah ^^^ they aren't easy to shoot for some.... might be something your doing. If not I know they are back logged so it might take awhile to respond? Where do you live?

·
Administrator
32,115 Posts
Fat_Rat said:
 Due to a temporary physical disability I am unable to fire any of my other CC weapons (.45acp) for a few months.  
It is very possible to limpwrist this ultra-light pistol which can result in what you are describing.  This is why someone asked if anyone else has shot the pistol.  See this thread:
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1206210540

Rule this out before further action.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The range owner, who has owned one for years and carries one as a backup duty piece shot it and said there is a definite problem somewhere. I even fired 3 mags through his without a flaw, went back to mine and the second round would not extract. I cannot go through a single mag without at least one fail to extract. I appreciate the info but there is a mechanical problem and not operator error. Even KT admitted that extraction problems will not be caused from limp wristing Any customer service contact names you can suggest.

·
Administrator
32,115 Posts
Check your messages.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts