Newbie From KY

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by loudmouth, Jan 20, 2011.

1. loudmouth

loudmouth New Member

Jan 19, 2011
    KelTec Newb here. Been impressed with my P3AT. Black on black till I used some info from here to tear it down and make it match it's big brother.
    [​IMG]

Great info here, I'm on the hunt for either the Armalaser or Crimson Trace, any good or bad points to know before shopping!

Thanks!

2. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Congrats and welcome to KTOG! Where in KY are you?

3. loudmouth

loudmouth New Member

Jan 19, 2011
    London, bout, 40 miles north of the TN border on I75

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard!

Though I prefer a hard chrome finish for its corrosion resistance looks wise the blued/OD combo is my favorite.

5. Represent316

Represent316 New Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Cute couple. I own a OD / blue P3AT as well, However my stainless PT1911 dont match. Ive got the same Wrap around grip on my .45 and love it, So i will suggest the Hogue Handall JR or the new Hybrid grip they came out with for the P3AT type gun's. Gives the same results and i love it..

6. ilateapex

ilateapex New Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Figured I would say hello here as well as I am new and got my P3AT last weekend at the Morehead gun show. I'm from Ashland. Got two of the little guns hopping my wife would be interested in one but she is not. My Dad is willing to take it if I decide to get rid of it.

The Kel-Tec shot great right out of the box. My dad and I shot 42 rounds out of it with a mix of Winchester 95 Gr FMJ and some UMC 95 Gr Metal case (whatever that is). The ammo was about 5 to 8 years old I had around from my Colt Mustangs. Not one problem. A little slide rash with one shot and I did not like the ridge on the trigger so may smooth that out.

Otherwise very happy with the purchase and just need to figure out how I plan to carry it.

Michael

7. ilateapex

ilateapex New Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Oh, I forgot to mention on of the best things found a the gun show was the dealer. He is a FFL working from home has some stock but can order just about anything. He will also do out of state transfers for $10. I now have a LE trade Glock 23 on the way to him that I found for $350 Should be here next week.

Michael

8. loudmouth

loudmouth New Member

Jan 19, 2011
    I'll probably be doing the houge handall soon. This one started life as an all black model, I did the OD on the frame, after a little reading here. I'm up in the air about the "shiny" slide, I would prefer it flat as well, so we'll see what's in store for it later.

9. dawger

dawger Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Great site I haven't posted much but I have read and learned alot here.