Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas, before I shoot my first round- I figured this is perfect time to ask a question from the experts. I just last week picked up my RFB and a Tavor (never buy two rifles at one time). The directions in manual and youtube videos show easy manipulation of the gas system. +40 from ground zero. After breaking a detent pin, I looked at the gas cap and it has 8 indentations around the circumference. So that would equate to 5 turns from bottom??? Is that right as it sits up pretty high? Kel Tec was very nice in sending me a few extra pins. I might add that side by side the Tavor is a little lighter and shorter but since I've not seen either of these two rifles in person- in my area..I got both.

RFB optic is Eotech 552 on 1" add-on rail. w/ Tacticon flip up backup sights.

Thoughts please...Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Sounds about right... Alternately shoot and close till it locks open on an empty mag. Close it 1 more click. Revisit this setting from time to time as the rifle breaks in. I did a gas adjust video, perhaps it is one you saw. If not, there is a link to it up in the FAQ section. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.